Winter Sunset - Traeth West End
Posted 27/06/2010 - 20:31
Link
Ah Wales, Adrian. Makes me feel wistful! I like the way that filter has helped control contrast. The sky is a wonderful rich colour. I also like the glossy black rocks/pebbles in the forground. One of these would make a good poster print.
I have heard one can see the Wicklow mountains but have never been lucky enough to witness this myself.
I have heard one can see the Wicklow mountains but have never been lucky enough to witness this myself.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 28/06/2010 - 20:49
Link
Love the smooth textures on the rocks and the colours are lovely.
Posted 28/06/2010 - 22:33
Link
To be completely honest these don't really do anything for me, a bit too non-descript...the exposure isn't quite long enough and the lighting isn't quite colourful enough. The location has potential but I think a bit more impact is needed to do it full justice
Just my thoughts
Simon
Just my thoughts
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 28/06/2010 - 23:34
Link
In general I rather like these unlike the super-saturated ones I have produced. I might be tempted to tweak the curves a bit to introduce a little more contrast, and some need their horizons straightened.
Best wishes, Kris.
Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 29/06/2010 - 00:09
Link
Thanks all for the comments/feedback.
Andrew, I'm not sure if I've seen the Wicklow mountains neither. Tonight Anglesey wasn't even visible
Simon, exposure wise all were hand held, with the longest being 1/6". Sat on a wet boulder that's as far as I could get away with. As you say the place has potential, and being local to me I can visit any time
With regards to the lighting, being late in the day it was fading fast (well after 17:00).
Kris, it's aspects of PP such as curves which I'm unfamiliar with, but thanks for the suggestion.
Must be my eyesight, but I can't spot the slanting horizons
Regards
Adrian
Andrew, I'm not sure if I've seen the Wicklow mountains neither. Tonight Anglesey wasn't even visible
Simon, exposure wise all were hand held, with the longest being 1/6". Sat on a wet boulder that's as far as I could get away with. As you say the place has potential, and being local to me I can visit any time
With regards to the lighting, being late in the day it was fading fast (well after 17:00).
Kris, it's aspects of PP such as curves which I'm unfamiliar with, but thanks for the suggestion.
Must be my eyesight, but I can't spot the slanting horizons
Regards
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


479 posts
17 years
North Wales,
UK
Here's a few more, and as illustrated there, on a very clear day the Wicklow mountains can be seen from this location.
All hand-held, Sigma 18-50 and a Cokin GND.
link
link
link
link
link
Regards
Adrian
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/