Winter in Durham
Posted 10/12/2010 - 22:32
Link
I do like winter light but I'm not sure about Cathedral in Winter, I think the trees are too much of a distraction
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 11/12/2010 - 08:57
Link
I quite like "winter light", although I feel as though it is missing something in the composition. I would have preferred that it was taken from slightly further back so that the wall front right would feel part of the composition rather than an obstacle the would not go away. One detail the keeps catching my eye, the texture of the street light glass has all its imperfections showing giving some great interest to the foreground.
Is Prebends Bridge still a skating ring at the moment David?
Regards
Graham
Is Prebends Bridge still a skating ring at the moment David?
Regards
Graham
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3312 posts
18 years
Durham,
England
[IMG]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Davidtrout2/Cathedralinwinter.jpg[/IMG]
The Towers of Durham
[IMG]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Davidtrout2/TheTowersofDurham.jpg[/IMG]
Winter Light
[IMG]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Davidtrout2/WinterLight.jpg[/IMG]
All taken Monday December 6, 2010, in the heart of Durham City. K5+16-50mm lens. C+C positively welcomed.
David