Winder Me II problem

antpaubarcar
Posted 26/03/2011 - 18:36 Link
Hi,

I have a winder Me II that when you put it on c or s it won' t stop shooting it is always on I had the same problem some years back with the first Me winder but no solution, any ideas on how to fix it??
Help apreciated

Regards
Antpaubarcar
Dangermouse
Posted 26/03/2011 - 22:12 Link
I had one which did this, but stopped when I turned it off, connected it to a camera, then turned it back on again.

It could be that the contacts on the base of the camera need cleaning? Most M series bodies have never had a winder fitted so the contacts filled with 25 years of gunk, which now prevents the camera and winder from communicating.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
antpaubarcar
Posted 26/03/2011 - 22:16 Link
Hi Matt,

Tks for the suggestion, I will try to clean them and try again, I will let you know of the outcome,

Regards
Dangermouse
Posted 27/03/2011 - 15:55 Link
I find a cotton bud dipped in lens cleaning fluid (or the spray you can buy to clean computer screens) works pretty well. It's gentle enough not to damage plastics or paint but will loosen dirt enough to remove it.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
antpaubarcar
Posted 29/03/2011 - 07:37 Link
Dear Matt,

I had to open it as one of the 4 metal contacts close to Pentax plate was stuck, cleaned and fixed it but nothing changed so I opened the top,
where the triger is and cleaned all the blue oxid, it now works on continuos function but not on single frame, I think it won' t get much better!

Best regards
Dangermouse
Posted 29/03/2011 - 10:48 Link
Try turning the selector switch back and forth repeatedly, as this sounds like gungy contacts.

I've evidently been very lucky in finding winders (have two ME IIs and an MX) which weren't abused or neglected!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
antpaubarcar
Posted 29/03/2011 - 12:49 Link
Hi Matt,

Yes, I already did but it works on C and I don' t have a heavy finger!!!

I started wit an Sp 1000 almost 40 years ago and then changed to an Me super that is stilll with me, meanwhile I have bought a bit around and
have 2 more Me super and winders for all...I am back to analog and will
start developing films again soon!

Many tks for the support and help.

Best regards

Helder
Dangermouse
Posted 29/03/2011 - 13:29 Link
The good part is that the winders aren't expensive to replace if needed. I've seen them for £10 in working order before now (hence my having two - thought a spare worth having at that price).
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
antpaubarcar
Posted 29/03/2011 - 20:35 Link
Hi Matt,

You' re right, I have 3 bodies and 3 winders, just the last one had this problem...mauybe it is wise to buy another one!

Best regards

Helder

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo