Why bother?

johnriley

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 12:11
I used to use 100mm on film for head and ahoulders portraits, so I would now use something around 70mm. There's a lovely Limited lens that has all the qualities that I like best in a portrait lens!

I've used one, tested one for EPZ, but sadly don't own a 70mm Limited yet.
Best regards, John

Horst

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 13:43
I made this one of my grand daughter with the 77mm limited lens.:

Regards, Horst

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 14:59
Cheers for the advice John and thats a great shot Horst. She looks like a lovely young lady. You've got lots of angles in there but nothing looks out of shape. Though i am not to sure about the bokeh on those bushes in the background.

I'd love to get one of those FA 77mm's but sadly my pockets aint that deep. I'll put it on my wish list for now and seek a cheaper comprimise.
As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.

Horst

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 15:10
If you buy them in Australia you can get them new for $AU799.-, that's 442GBP.

Regards, Horst

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 15:46
Get thee behind me Satan, till after Christmas anyway.
As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.

vic cross

Link Posted 25/07/2014 - 20:42
Lu. In days gone by I used to do wedding photography with a 645 medium format camera. In those days nearly all wedding photography was done with medium format cameras. 6x6 and 6x45 and all wedding photography is portrait. Singles, pairs, or groups and almost 100percent photographers used the standard lens. This was the 75mm which in 35mm terms is 50/55mm which in APS-C size is 35mm. We all used our feet and the perspective was good. However some did prefer the 120mm which was 80mm on a 35mm camera and will be 50/55mm on an APS-C size camera. SO as the old saying goes. "You pays your money and you takes you chance" In other words. Try before you buy and make your own mind up which you like best.
CHEERS Vic..
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.