Whitby Steam Punk
Posted 31/07/2017 - 16:32
Link
Nice one Gary. Alan first went to Whitby to photograph The Goths. I reckon he caught the bug big time.
David
David
Posted 01/08/2017 - 22:26
Link
He's looking very dapper
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 02/08/2017 - 08:28
Link
Good to see him looking so fine! Glad you got to meet up with him Gary
I did look at the Guardian photos to see if I could spot Mr or Mrs Spider but I didn't see them in those photos. Or maybe I am just blind.
Any more photos from the day?
I did look at the Guardian photos to see if I could spot Mr or Mrs Spider but I didn't see them in those photos. Or maybe I am just blind.
Any more photos from the day?
Posted 02/08/2017 - 08:31
Link
They look great ....!!
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 07/08/2017 - 19:58
Link
Thanks Gary, that will be going in the album
Not quite true David, I was into Steampunk Wargaming long before I knew people actually dressed the part
As for the Guardian pic Gwyn take another look, were on the far left (as you look at it) I'm in Khaki wearing a Pith Helmet.
We stayed on in Whitby for the rest of the week and came home the following Friday, enjoyed a rather productive hour on the Platform at Goathland too, now This is what you call Steam

Not quite true David, I was into Steampunk Wargaming long before I knew people actually dressed the part
As for the Guardian pic Gwyn take another look, were on the far left (as you look at it) I'm in Khaki wearing a Pith Helmet.
We stayed on in Whitby for the rest of the week and came home the following Friday, enjoyed a rather productive hour on the Platform at Goathland too, now This is what you call Steam

Posted 08/08/2017 - 07:51
Link
fatspider wrote:
As for the Guardian pic Gwyn take another look, were on the far left (as you look at it) I'm in Khaki wearing a Pith Helmet.
So you are! Now I look on the big screen I see you. I didn't recognise you on the tiny laptop screen. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it .
As for the Guardian pic Gwyn take another look, were on the far left (as you look at it) I'm in Khaki wearing a Pith Helmet.
Posted 08/08/2017 - 11:01
Link
Got the Pic Gary, much appreciated.
Next event for us is Asylum in Lincoln at the end of the month (25th-28th)
I Remember some years back David, you posted some pics of Steampunks you'd snapped in Lincoln asking who/what they were, setting me off on a search for all things Steampunk.
So the the current state of my overfilled wardrobe is your fault
Next event for us is Asylum in Lincoln at the end of the month (25th-28th)
I Remember some years back David, you posted some pics of Steampunks you'd snapped in Lincoln asking who/what they were, setting me off on a search for all things Steampunk.
So the the current state of my overfilled wardrobe is your fault
Posted 08/08/2017 - 18:35
Link
fatspider wrote:
Got the Pic Gary, much appreciated.
Next event for us is Asylum in Lincoln at the end of the month (25th-28th)
You're most welcome Alan.Got the Pic Gary, much appreciated.
Next event for us is Asylum in Lincoln at the end of the month (25th-28th)
I'll be at the British National Model Flying Championships at RAF Barkston Heath.
Has to be done, canvas, cool boxes, red wine, beers and good mates. This year my lad is doing surf & turf on the BBQ and has threatened to do lobster and fillet steak.
It is the 45th anniversary of my visits to the Nats. My first visit in 1972 at RAF Lindholme.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 08/08/2017 - 21:49
Link
Too far from a shore.
Posted 09/08/2017 - 13:07
Link
Really great to see these.
Doesn't seem to be any of that over here.
Great shooting
Doesn't seem to be any of that over here.
Great shooting
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 09/08/2017 - 20:01
Link
A most bizarre sub-culture but what great photo subjects.
I love the Black 5 and B1. The former is a real favourite of mine, nice to see one unlined. I think it used to be based at Llangollen.
I love the Black 5 and B1. The former is a real favourite of mine, nice to see one unlined. I think it used to be based at Llangollen.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.









6417 posts
17 years
A great event with some outstanding costumes.
Best regards