Where to get IST D Serviced and Cleaned
Posted 10/05/2006 - 12:08
Link
I found them really friendly, thorough and it might be cheaper than the UK even including the shipping.
Posted 10/05/2006 - 12:44
Link
There's Asahi Photo in Brentwood.
They're currently offering a service and clean for any Pentax DSLR on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-SLR-Digital-Camera-Repair-Service_W0QQitemZ76164286...
I've spoken to them in the past and found them to be most helpful.
Their website is:
www.asahiphoto.net
Matt
They're currently offering a service and clean for any Pentax DSLR on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-SLR-Digital-Camera-Repair-Service_W0QQitemZ76164286...
I've spoken to them in the past and found them to be most helpful.
Their website is:
www.asahiphoto.net
Matt
Posted 10/05/2006 - 22:54
Link
That's Brentford, Middlesex, not Brentwood, Essex.
Confused me for a minute there
Dan
Confused me for a minute there
Dan
Posted 11/05/2006 - 05:52
Link
Whoops
Thanks for the correction
Matt
Thanks for the correction
Matt
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


106 posts
20 years
My Ist D is now a couple of years old and has had plenty of use in less than perfect environments. I had to clean some pretty impressive lumps of dirt etc off the sensor (was almost a hammer and chisel job) but i'm thinking maybe it's time the old girl got treated to a proper clean and check up.
Can anyone recommend somewhere (and an idea of prices) where i can get the body properly cleaned, not just sensor but given a damn good hoovering. Also any places that can give it a bit of a general check over and service?
I'm based near oxford with work but go home to suffolk pretty often so ideally somewhere near one of those would be good.
cheers
dex