Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Where do I go?

This topic has a poll - login to enter
davidstorm
Posted 01/06/2014 - 23:33 Link
Hi all, looking for some help from you over the next day or so. I'm off work this week and have set aside just one day for a trip out with my camera gear. I have selected two possible locations, but can only do one of them so I need you to help me decide.

The choices are:

1. The Peak District - Dove Valley, for some landscape shots with my Pentax-M 28mm F3.5 and the 12-24 zoom

2. Bempton Cliffs with the DA*300 and 1.4 TC

Please vote for which you think I should choose!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Blythman
Posted 01/06/2014 - 23:37 Link
All down to the weather forecast David
Alan

PPG
Flickr
davidstorm
Posted 01/06/2014 - 23:41 Link
Thursday looks like a decent bet - given decent weather what would be your vote Alan?

Cheers
David
Flickr

Blythman
Posted 01/06/2014 - 23:53 Link
I reckon everyone within 3 hours drive of Bempton should visit at least once every 2 years When were you last there?
Alan

PPG
Flickr
davidstorm
Posted 02/06/2014 - 00:07 Link
Blythman wrote:
I reckon everyone within 3 hours drive of Bempton should visit at least once every 2 years When were you last there?

Never been Alan
Flickr

Northgrain
Posted 02/06/2014 - 00:23 Link
I've said Bempton. Take your 300+TC and go somewhere different
bforbes
Posted 02/06/2014 - 00:31 Link
Bempton for me. Because I'm more interested in wildlife than landscape
JAK
Posted 02/06/2014 - 00:44 Link
bforbes wrote:
Bempton for me. Because I'm more interested in wildlife than landscape

There's some good landscapes to be had at Bempton too and nearby there's Flamborough Head.
I think, David, you'd best decide nearer the time after checking the weather forecasts. No real point in going to Bempton if it's pouring down.
John K
truckerathome
Posted 02/06/2014 - 03:33 Link
If you go to Bempton, post some pictures taken there. Going up that way in July and hoping to visit whilst I`m there. Never been before so would be interested in what you think if you do go.

Martin
Blythman
Posted 02/06/2014 - 06:55 Link
davidstorm wrote:
Blythman wrote:

Never been Alan

And there's your answer. Weather permitting .... LOL
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Daronl
Posted 02/06/2014 - 18:34 Link
Don't know either place David but I am sure they are super venues.

When I am in such a quandary at this time of the year though, I will go to Skomer Island where all types of wild life simply engulfs you all day everyday, not just thousands of puffins but many other forms of wild life that are not timid or furtive on this Island.

it can spoil you and your 300mm DA*

http://www.pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk/?PID=455

Regards

Daronl

davidstorm wrote:
Hi all, looking for some help from you over the next day or so. I'm off work this week and have set aside just one day for a trip out with my camera gear. I have selected two possible locations, but can only do one of them so I need you to help me decide.

The choices are:

1. The Peak District - Dove Valley, for some landscape shots with my Pentax-M 28mm F3.5 and the 12-24 zoom

2. Bempton Cliffs with the DA*300 and 1.4 TC

Please vote for which you think I should choose!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
David

Daronl
Edited by Daronl: 02/06/2014 - 18:37
fritzthedog
Posted 02/06/2014 - 19:02 Link
Bempton David.

If the wind is in the right direction - great shots of the gannets hovering above the cliff edge. A few puffins around at the moment as well and a couple of short eared owls and the odd kestrel.

Also - if you follow the cliff path south - some decent scenery as you get towards Little Thornwick Bay and Thornwick Bay.

Plus as suggested Flamborough Head - but don't forget Flamborough North Landing - one of my favourite bays for land/sea scapes.

As these are only a 5-10 minute drive from Bempton - all perfectly doable in a day

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
MattyH
Posted 02/06/2014 - 19:33 Link
Well after spending all weekend in the Dove valley area house hunting, I guess you know where my vote is going to go, it also didn't help it was warm and the sun was shining, as the views in this part of the world are stunning.
davidstorm
Posted 02/06/2014 - 21:19 Link
Thanks to you all, it seems that everyone bar Matty is saying 'Bempton'. I'll have to see if I can squeeze in the Dove Valley in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers
David
Flickr

MattyH
Posted 02/06/2014 - 21:43 Link
davidstorm wrote:
Thanks to you all, it seems that everyone bar Matty is saying 'Bempton'. I'll have to see if I can squeeze in the Dove Valley in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers
David

Well I like it here.......

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.