where can i get a focusing screen

pauldbs
Posted 22/06/2009 - 23:35 Link
hi everybody
is there anybody out there can tell me where can i get a focusing screen L90 for my k110d dslr i have tryed srs but they didnt have any so i thought i'd ask on here.as mine has a scratch on it
plus i have a new camera i have the pentax k-m the kids bought it for fathers day
hefty1
Posted 22/06/2009 - 23:51 Link
I don't know about an original screen, but you can get a replacement with a split prism on eBay: link

Nice Father's Day gift by the way!
Joining the Q
Transit
Posted 23/06/2009 - 01:54 Link
Katz eye worth a look too
I'm about to pull one out of a defunct Pentax MG and size it down for my K100D

Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River
felix
Posted 23/06/2009 - 02:45 Link
or go to www.focusingscreen.com for an alternative third party screen. I got mine for about SGD $88.00 or 36.50 sterling pounds. (sorry, my Keyboard does not support the pound sign)
K1/K3, DA*16-50mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8, FA43mm F1.9 Limited, FA77mm F1.8 Limited, SMC Pentax K 85mm F1.8, DA18-135mm F3.5-5.6, FA*28-70mm F1.8, FA*200mm F1.8
pauldbs
Posted 23/06/2009 - 15:10 Link
thanks everyone for your replyes i did go to ebay after and i've paid £26 overall £20.90 for focusing screen and the rest on posting ang ins so many thanks to you all
Father Ted
Posted 23/06/2009 - 16:33 Link
pauldbs wrote:
thanks everyone for your replyes i did go to ebay after and i've paid £26 overall £20.90 for focusing screen and the rest on posting ang ins so many thanks to you all
What make is this? How do you find it?
I am thinking of gettng one, but don't want to pay for a katzeye one ( I know; you get what you pay for ), but £25 ish seems OK to me.

How easy are they to fit ( I have a *istDL ).
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
gartmore
Posted 23/06/2009 - 17:06 Link
I thought the DL didn't have an interchangeable screen but I might be wrong.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Malo1961
Posted 23/06/2009 - 18:01 Link
gartmore wrote:
I thought the DL didn't have an interchangeable screen but I might be wrong.
They don't (officially), but they can be replaced. I did so with a DL 2.
(which has the same as the DL)
Katz eye has them on stock for the DL. !

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Mike-P
Posted 23/06/2009 - 18:22 Link
I bought a split screen from Ebay for my K10D and it was horrible, the thing blacked out after f8 making it totally unuseable.
pauldbs
Posted 23/06/2009 - 22:59 Link
farther ted , i looked on the link on hefty 1 then it got me thinking there must be more on here so i typed in pentex in the catergrees (xcuse spelling) then lenses and cases i think it was page 2 or 3 and it from china
jackitec
Posted 23/06/2009 - 23:27 Link
Have a look here link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo