Where are you all based ?

BarryE

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 21:33
I was wondering how many other contributors there were in Hampshire, so I searched and found a few - a slow method. This made me think if anyone has attempted to discover the distribution of contributors around the uk/world ? Perhaps it would be possible to then publish the location of those who have either given permission or added their location to their public profile.

johnriley

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 21:44
It also helps when people put adverts on, just in case we wanted to pick up an item for example.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 21:50
I seem to remember that someone started a map a while ago. Not sure what happened to that though.

johnriley

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 21:55
Not many people added their locations Gwyn, so it fizzled out.

To be fair, not everybody wants to say exactly where they are, but in that case perhaps just a county or even a country would be helpful?
Best regards, John

davidstorm

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 22:27
I've just put 'Sheffield' on my profile info. It's a big place and I don't think there's any harm in everyone giving some loose geographical data. After all we're not giving out our postal address! It would be nice to know roughly where everyone is based.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 10:05
I agree that no harm can come from everyone knowing the city/town name.

Having said that, between buying and selling things here, half the forum probably has either my Spain or UK postal address already anyway.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

AuraTodd

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 10:25
I am from Wiltshire, what part of Hampshire are you from please?
Always be kind to people

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059

link

Hammerlee

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 11:49
I live in Southampton, been here just over 15 years. Nice to be near the New Forest.

AuraTodd

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 10:47
Hammerlee wrote:
I live in Southampton, been here just over 15 years. Nice to be near the New Forest.

I like the new forest but I don't have a car, I like Bournemouth
Always be kind to people

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059

link

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 13:41
johnriley wrote:
Not many people added their locations Gwyn, so it fizzled out.

To be fair, not everybody wants to say exactly where they are, but in that case perhaps just a county or even a country would be helpful?

It's a shame the map fizzled out - after all you know more have to pin a pin to your house on the map than you have to put your full address in your profile.

I live almost in the centre of the Netherlands, SE of Amsterdam, and NW of Utrecht.

Horst

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 14:29
Gwyn wrote:

Quote:
I seem to remember that someone started a map a while ago. Not sure what happened to that though.

Well, I tried it but it got to bloody complicated. I gave up on it.

Regards, Horst

alfpics

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 16:28
yes - I had quick go at the old map and gave up
Andy
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.