Michael
Edited by michaelblue: 11/09/2013 - 19:50
Mike-P
Posted 11/09/2013 - 19:54 Link
michaelblue
Posted 11/09/2013 - 20:01 Link
Mike-P wrote:
LINK

Yes but why is there no 'PENTAX digital cameras' in the list?
Just thinking ahead.....
Regards,
Michael
Mike-P
Posted 11/09/2013 - 20:09 Link
Because they are showing Pentax digital cameras on the main page, they aren't showing any Ricoh cameras. The top banner showed the K-30, K-5II/s and "new" lenses just while I was looking so therefore they need a link to the Ricoh cameras but not the Pentax?

Best not to think ahead when you have no idea what may/may not be happening, besides if they were dropping the Pentax name then they would have labelled the "new" lenses Ricoh I would have thought.
stub
Posted 11/09/2013 - 22:37 Link
You may also be aware that from the 24th Sept. The Pentax uk facebook page will change its name to Ricoh Imaging. We have to accept that Pentax is no longer a manufacturer but merely a brand or range of cameras from a larger group of companies. Personally I see it as a good thing.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
michaelblue
Posted 12/09/2013 - 04:51 Link
I'd like to see the 'Pentax' name on all future cameras though....call me old fashioned if you like
Regards,
Michael
johnriley
Posted 12/09/2013 - 08:26 Link
Ricoh is definitely a manufacturer of cameras, all those factories haven't disappeared, they just have a new owner.
Best regards, John
ilovesaabs
Posted 12/09/2013 - 10:09 Link
I'm in no hurry for a new Pentax camera, spent so much already this year on the Sigma 150-500 and Nikkor 70-200 that I will have to save for whatever Pentax bring out next - K-3 or the new mid-range zoom, or FF, in the meantime I will continue to enjoy my K-5, Z-1 and Z-1p
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Pentaxophile
Posted 12/09/2013 - 10:16 Link
michaelblue wrote:
I'd like to see the 'Pentax' name on all future cameras though....call me old fashioned if you like

I'm sure I read somewhere that future compact cameras would be branded Ricoh, with DSLRs branded as Pentax. I presume we're seeing that start to kick in. Either way, my response to the HZ15 is a resounding 'meh'.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Algernon
Posted 12/09/2013 - 10:19 Link
johnriley wrote:
Ricoh is definitely a manufacturer of cameras, all those factories haven't disappeared, they just have a new owner.

I feel sorry for the man who puts up the big letters on the
factories that form the word 'P E N T A X' .... No longer will he
be able to crack the joke.... "Just going for a 'P'

Just going for an 'R' isn't funnee!

-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 12/09/2013 - 10:23
stub
Posted 12/09/2013 - 11:22 Link
Quote:

Yes "Ricoh" is a manufacturer. New owner, new name, new influences, new directives, new money.

It all has to be good.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Mike-P
Posted 12/09/2013 - 13:03 Link
TBH (as I have said before on a few occasions) as long as Ricoh keep making K-5II standard DSLR's that take my K Mount lenses then I couldn't give a stuff what name the camera has on it (although I draw the line at Mothercare).

If they ever drop the K-mount (which would imo amount to camera suicide) then I would be more than happy to carry on using the K-5II for the majority of my photography. I would quite like them to get the AF tracking speed sorted first though.
michaelblue
Posted 12/09/2013 - 17:01 Link
Mike-P wrote:
TBH (as I have said before on a few occasions) as long as Ricoh keep making K-5II standard DSLR's that take my K Mount lenses then I couldn't give a stuff what name the camera has on it (although I draw the line at Mothercare).

If they ever drop the K-mount (which would imo amount to camera suicide) then I would be more than happy to carry on using the K-5II for the majority of my photography. I would quite like them to get the AF tracking speed sorted first though.

I certainly agree there
Regards,
Michael

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.