What's down the path?

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 16:31
A re-working of a high contrast shot from the Hills walk the other day, I couldn't get a decent result in colour so a mono conversion and a bit of PP...

Hope you like it
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 16:41
It looks like a nice gritty abstract image.
All the gear with no idea

Benz3ne

Link Posted 27/11/2021 - 08:53
I love it! Great shot.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/11/2021 - 10:25
Excellent concept and processing. Somewhere in Middle Earth...

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 28/11/2021 - 18:59
Mentally cropping the image to show the bottom half means I imagine the light source to be the moon or a street lamp out of sight. Either way, along with the high contrast finish, it gives a slight eerie feel. I like that !
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Sry

Link Posted 02/12/2021 - 22:46
LongTimeLurker wrote:
Mentally cropping the image to show the bottom half means I imagine the light source to be the moon or a street lamp out of sight. Either way, along with the high contrast finish, it gives a slight eerie feel. I like that !

I agree with Nigel above, there is a wonderful crop or two lurking below the top of the photo, allowing the eye and mind to wander down that hole at the end of the path. Beautifully processed, LennyB.

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 02/12/2021 - 22:58
I like this!
Be well, stay well.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/12/2021 - 09:46
New Version added!

This is exactly why the comments provided by us (You) are so useful - it is easy to get too narrowly focused on producing an image that overcomes the problems seen in the original, then a fresh look at the result offer simple suggestions (tighter crop of the bottom part) that can change the image totally.

Here's a simple edit that took far less time than the original..

I had spent so much time (too much) on dealing with the burnt out sun circle when I could have just cropped it out
LennyBloke

jvs

Link Posted 03/12/2021 - 12:47
Brilliant! Now transformed into a challenging image which invites (tempts?) you to step into the unknown! As regards the "simple edit", I suspect we could all say we have at some time got so immersed in processing images that we have lost sight of the obvious!
John

Sry

Link Posted 03/12/2021 - 18:42
LennyBloke wrote:
New Version added!

And wonderful it is!

LennyBloke wrote:
I had spent so much time (too much) on dealing with the burnt out sun circle when I could have just cropped it out

We can all relate to that, I'm sure! Just yesterday I spent a few hours with my musical partner trying to figure out how to better a part of a song we recorded recently. And then we just cut two measures out and everything fell into place...

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 12/12/2021 - 18:12
That is what I 'saw' when I first looked at the picture.

The lighting of the tree tunnel and the high contrast finish imparts the eerie feel I mentioned. The sort of picture that if a program or film on the TV started with it, Mrs LTL would reach for the TV remote to switch over to something 'non-scary' and I would reach for the recorder remote so I can watch it after Mrs LTL has gone to bed

I think that photography can sometimes be like a question on University Challenge (or Universally Challenged as I call it): I either get the image I have in mind straight away or never achieve it, no matter how much time is spent in post.....
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.