What price a Tamron 500 mirror
Posted 07/10/2011 - 21:09
Link
I paid around £100 for mine around 18 months ago (no filters but mint) so I guess £149 isn't far off. This is considered the best 500mm mirror out there and is sharp. Don't forget you can try CIF with this too.
An excellent lens and not one I'm going to part with even though I rarely use it.
An excellent lens and not one I'm going to part with even though I rarely use it.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 07/10/2011 - 21:28
Link
It is nice and clean, with no marks, very smooth focus, and all the bits seem to be in place.
I might just go for it tomorrow, never thought about the CIF.
If I don't get the use of it, I suppose I could pass it on to a Pentax user here ?
Thank you, 'Frogfish', you made my mind up and cost me £149.55
I might just go for it tomorrow, never thought about the CIF.
If I don't get the use of it, I suppose I could pass it on to a Pentax user here ?
Thank you, 'Frogfish', you made my mind up and cost me £149.55
Posted 07/10/2011 - 21:35
Link
Galoot wrote:
It is nice and clean, with no marks, very smooth focus, and all the bits seem to be in place.
I might just go for it tomorrow, never thought about the CIF.
If I don't get the use of it, I suppose I could pass it on to a Pentax user here ?
Thank you, 'Frogfish', you made my mind up and cost me £149.55
It is nice and clean, with no marks, very smooth focus, and all the bits seem to be in place.
I might just go for it tomorrow, never thought about the CIF.
If I don't get the use of it, I suppose I could pass it on to a Pentax user here ?
Thank you, 'Frogfish', you made my mind up and cost me £149.55
I'm sure you could always find a buyer for a quality lens.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 08/10/2011 - 17:31
Link
I don't know about current prices but I've had mine since new and I find it's more than adequate for my needs.
Mine has a T mount for which I needed to add a K adapter when I moved from Minolta (needed an MD mount) to Pentax.
regards
Bernard
Mine has a T mount for which I needed to add a K adapter when I moved from Minolta (needed an MD mount) to Pentax.
regards
Bernard
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


941 posts
20 years
Edinburgh,
Scotland
Would this be a fair price ?
Thing is, don't know if I would use it, wide angle is my thing, but it is in near mint condition and could start me on another path ?
Going to put it on the K7 tomorrow, so I will be able to sleep on the decision.