Lens question

Bobbinalorry
Posted 09/10/2011 - 14:14 Link
Greetings once again Great Oracle,

I am considering buying a sigma lens, the 18-200 or the 18-250;
Does anyone here have hands-on experience or knowledge of either of these please?
I know that the 18-200 comes in two versions, the stabilized one being a 72mm filter size as opposed to 62 on the non stabilized.

I'm trying to avoid an expensive mistake!

Info appreciated.

Regards, Larry.
Best Regards, Larry.

All the gear & no idea.
DaveN
Posted 09/10/2011 - 14:23 Link
A version II of the 18-200 has just been announced (no OS)
Discovering the joys of photography with Pentax
paulgee20
Posted 09/10/2011 - 15:12 Link
Hi Larry

I have the 18-250mm Siggy and find that it is a very versatile all round lens with excellent performance.

Paul
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......

Paul

:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo