What is this?

08tiger
Posted 13/01/2011 - 01:16 Link
I'll post the front view after a few guesses, no prizes just some fun
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/muffin51/Two-spinedspider.jpg[/IMG]
C&C welcome.
Don.
thoughton
Posted 13/01/2011 - 01:21 Link
A beetle's backside?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
08tiger
Posted 13/01/2011 - 01:22 Link
thoughton wrote:
A beetle's backside?
No sorry
C&C welcome.
Don.
K10D
Posted 13/01/2011 - 01:30 Link
Supper?

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Frogfish
Posted 13/01/2011 - 04:52 Link
A bulb ?
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
davex
Posted 13/01/2011 - 08:16 Link
a snail
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
Mannesty
Posted 13/01/2011 - 09:00 Link
I'd say it was the rear end of a caterpillar, trying to look like a snake.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
08tiger
Posted 13/01/2011 - 09:06 Link
Well no correct guesses so far so to put you all at ease
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/muffin51/magnificentspider14of15-Edit.jpg[/IMG]
A two spined spider, I had not seen one of these before.Not the sharpest but he was in a hurry
C&C welcome.
Don.
Mannesty
Posted 13/01/2011 - 09:08 Link
What a strange looking spider.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
snappychappy
Posted 13/01/2011 - 09:12 Link
YUK great shot though.
SmutjeUK
Posted 13/01/2011 - 10:41 Link
Great shot, but never seen this one before. Would never have guessed that one.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
mayday
Posted 13/01/2011 - 11:22 Link
Being an Aussie spider I suppose it will, jump, bite and kill you

Good shot. The spider has great camouflage too!
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo