What is it - Macro Night

toner_monkey
Posted 12/12/2010 - 00:59 Link
My local camera club are having a "What is it" night on monday and I need to take 3 photos to take part. I have printed off 6 and I am not sure which 3 to take. I thought I could post them here and see if they are too easy or too hard, this will help me decide which to show.

Hopefully no one from my club will be watching as I am the only member with a Pentax

Any ideas.

1.
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macro4.jpg[/IMG]

2.
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macro3.jpg[/IMG]

3.
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macro2.jpg[/IMG]

4.
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macro1.jpg[/IMG]

5.
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macro6.jpg[/IMG]

6.
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macro5.jpg[/IMG]
Regards,
Alan
bforbes
Posted 12/12/2010 - 01:08 Link
I would go with 3, 4 and 6. I don't know what they are, but they are interesting photo's on their own
toner_monkey
Posted 12/12/2010 - 01:20 Link
I like 3,4 and 6 as well but I think they could be the hardest to guess and will probably get lots of "how were we suppose to get that?" from the club members.
Regards,
Alan
stub
Posted 12/12/2010 - 09:16 Link
3,4, and six for me too... Again though, no idea what they are ...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
techno-terminator
Posted 12/12/2010 - 09:37 Link
2,3 and 6 for me.

I've changed my mind three times about what 2 is and I'm still not convinced .

5 is a good shot , but I think they'll get it too easily
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
DrOrloff
Posted 12/12/2010 - 09:48 Link
For photographic merit I like 2 the best, although I don't think it's difficult to identify. For difficulty - 3,4 and 6.
thoughton
Posted 12/12/2010 - 10:10 Link
In terms of photographic merit I'd say 1, 2 and 4. 4 is easily my personal favourite.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
toner_monkey
Posted 12/12/2010 - 10:18 Link
Adrian, fortunately quality of photo isn't too important. 2 is actually more difficult from the print because it has printed slightly darker(Note to me-I need to calibrate my printer). Last year we had the same contest and some of the prints were so bad you couldn't tell what they were even after the answer was revealed

The hardest thing about it is knowing how difficult to make it.

Techno, 5 is pretty easy especially as there were several examples posted in the gallery last month, which was where I got the ispiration.

Anyway its not really about winning, the prize last year was a packet of A4 copier paper
Regards,
Alan
toner_monkey
Posted 12/12/2010 - 10:21 Link
I probably should have cleaned 1 first
Regards,
Alan
davex
Posted 12/12/2010 - 10:26 Link
No1, cheese grater, No2 Juicer,5 salt crystals.
seems very high magnification, what method did you use?

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
beginner
Posted 12/12/2010 - 10:28 Link
For image quality...No2
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
toner_monkey
Posted 12/12/2010 - 10:43 Link
Dave good guessing, they were mostly taken with my K7 and DFA100 F2.8 macro. Some of them have been cropped which accounts for the quality not being great.

Heres 1 I entered last year.

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/toner_monkey/Macrocomp.jpg[/IMG]
Regards,
Alan
darlene
Posted 12/12/2010 - 19:19 Link
Yes , i would say 3,4,6 .
Stuey
Posted 12/12/2010 - 21:05 Link
Last years looks like cotton buds
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Oggy
Posted 12/12/2010 - 22:26 Link
No 2 is the centre of a cd case.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo