West Pier alight!
Posted 07/10/2016 - 11:19
Link
An original set, like it.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 07/10/2016 - 11:28
Link
Certainly a cool effect! I like the wider shot, No.7 as it gives the viewer context to it's location and surroundings so tells a better story to the image.
The last is cool also, great lines and symmetry and I like the converging verticals BUT! I wish the top of the tower was in the shot as compositionally the eye leaves the frame as there is no end point to the tower.
The last is cool also, great lines and symmetry and I like the converging verticals BUT! I wish the top of the tower was in the shot as compositionally the eye leaves the frame as there is no end point to the tower.
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 07/10/2016 - 14:28
Link
Some very interesting colour juxtapositions. Nice long exposures capture the brightness very well .... yes, you're pushing the noise performance of the camera quite a lot on those skies ! (I'm sure you could clean it up if you were prepared to accept a soft look in the sky .... just do it on a layer and mask out the NR part from on the sky).
No 4 is my pick of the bunch.
No 4 is my pick of the bunch.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 07/10/2016 - 16:41
Link
3 and 4, great. Properly alien
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Posted 07/10/2016 - 21:47
Link
Thanks all!!
Gareth;
Gareth;
cardiffgareth wrote:
Certainly a cool effect! I like the wider shot, No.7 as it gives the viewer context to it's location and surroundings so tells a better story to the image.
The last is cool also, great lines and symmetry and I like the converging verticals BUT! I wish the top of the tower was in the shot as compositionally the eye leaves the frame as there is no end point to the tower.
I agree - however the 'doughnut' was parked only part way up the tower - ie there was a lot of spare tower above it! I also wish I had taken a few more with the wide-angle lens.Certainly a cool effect! I like the wider shot, No.7 as it gives the viewer context to it's location and surroundings so tells a better story to the image.
The last is cool also, great lines and symmetry and I like the converging verticals BUT! I wish the top of the tower was in the shot as compositionally the eye leaves the frame as there is no end point to the tower.
McGregNi wrote:
(I'm sure you could clean it up if you were prepared to accept a soft look in the sky .... just do it on a layer and mask out the NR part from on the sky).
Maybe I'll have a play around an see what I can do - it was an ISO800 shot.
(I'm sure you could clean it up if you were prepared to accept a soft look in the sky .... just do it on a layer and mask out the NR part from on the sky).
Andy
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1949 posts
21 years
North Devon
Thought I'd post a few shots. C & C welcome!
1 - this one is in the Gallery;
2
3
4
5
6
7 - had to 'lift' the sky somewhat in PP. Sigma 10-20mm
8 - Sigma 10-20mm
9 - amazing how the light came back off the sea on this one!
10
11
12 - and finally one of the i360 tower and where the lights were coming from
As I say C & C welcome