welland steam rally
Posted 04/08/2009 - 13:57
Link
Would be proud to have taken nos 1 and 2.
No1 particularly really jumps off the screen, a great shot, well composed. For me the crop is not quite right on no3; the funnel on the left is obtrusive and perhaps and extra inch on the right hand side may have worked better, the sky also looks a bit odd.
Davex.
No1 particularly really jumps off the screen, a great shot, well composed. For me the crop is not quite right on no3; the funnel on the left is obtrusive and perhaps and extra inch on the right hand side may have worked better, the sky also looks a bit odd.
Davex.
Posted 04/08/2009 - 15:06
Link
Davex.
Thanks for the comments, I must admit I do like No 1 and 2.
As for No 3 the day was just over cast and gray, this was my attempt at using layers and masks, burnt the sky in but nothing there really. Have to agree with the comp, would have liked to have the whole of jacket on the right but its not on the frame maybe I can crop the chimney out.
cheers Neil
Thanks for the comments, I must admit I do like No 1 and 2.
As for No 3 the day was just over cast and gray, this was my attempt at using layers and masks, burnt the sky in but nothing there really. Have to agree with the comp, would have liked to have the whole of jacket on the right but its not on the frame maybe I can crop the chimney out.
cheers Neil
Posted 04/08/2009 - 15:37
Link
Hi Neil,
I think the biggest learning point for me is getting the initial composition correct, had lots of shots where i wished i could go back and re-frame an inch or two to the left or right. Still it`s all part of the fun.
Davex.
I think the biggest learning point for me is getting the initial composition correct, had lots of shots where i wished i could go back and re-frame an inch or two to the left or right. Still it`s all part of the fun.
Davex.
Posted 04/08/2009 - 16:05
Link
Dave too true, I still working in slide mode I forget the things digital running round after a 2 year old at the shows does not help either .
Posted 04/08/2009 - 16:46
Link
All excellent. Really like the last one.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


68 posts
18 years
Birmingham
C+C please on processing and comp.
1)
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/transport/IMGP3066a.jpg[/IMG]
2)
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/transport/IMGP3103a.jpg[/IMG]
3)
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/radicalwood/transport/IMGP3139b.jpg[/IMG]
No 3 is my first real play with processing using layers and masks not sure about its processing.
Cheers Neil