Weekly competition 35: sky's the limit.

johnriley

Link Posted 08/03/2008 - 17:22
800 pixels please, one more just deleted that needs reposting....

I've left the one at 803 pixels in - someone must have lost count!

Best regards, John

promhandicam

Link Posted 09/03/2008 - 21:16
karma mechanic wrote:
I was planning on taking something for the competition this weekend. I guess that's why it is dull, spotting with rain and generally boring today ! And did I say dull ?

Just to make you feel better, it isn't just the UK that has been dull of late - we are reaching the end of the long dry season here and it has been grey all week. We did get a few spots of rain on Thursday - the night I took my entry - but nothing much.

Steve

Utopia Poppy

Link Posted 09/03/2008 - 22:29
Sorry to anyone that noticed my entry change in the last few minutes of the comp. I know it's not allowed but it was to get rid of mystery pixilation that I only noticed when me shot was up on the forum!

I know it's against the rules to change an entry once it's posted, but the actual shot didn't change just my resizing technique to try to get rid of the pixels. I hope this is ok and please don't disqualify me as I'm really proud of my "quickly caught moment"

Thanks
Fiona
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep". ~Scott Adams

Q | Various Q lenses & filters | KP | 35mm 2.8 Macro

johnriley

Link Posted 09/03/2008 - 23:32
Utopia Poppy wrote:
Sorry to anyone that noticed my entry change in the last few minutes of the comp. I know it's not allowed but it was to get rid of mystery pixilation that I only noticed when me shot was up on the forum!

I know it's against the rules to change an entry once it's posted, but the actual shot didn't change just my resizing technique to try to get rid of the pixels. I hope this is ok and please don't disqualify me as I'm really proud of my "quickly caught moment"

Thanks
Fiona

The point of the rule is to avoid someone posting a different entry in response to what they see being posted by others, maybe even constantly changing their picture as the week goes on.

Correcting your existing entry is fine as long as the correction relates to the process of posting, as does yours.

I'd be less happy about an entry being withdrawn, worked on some more and then being reposted. This would be an aesthetic modification rather than just a technical correction.

Hope that makes sense, but the short answer for Utopia Poppy is that as the image is the same one that's just fine!
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.