Weekly Competition #93 - Vegetables, comments
Posted 13/04/2009 - 14:05
Link
ok great, Time to get down the market me thinks.
Posted 15/04/2009 - 15:23
Link
Can we include fruit?
Can it be any vegetable matter? (you used the word 'healthy', so I guess not)
...both my ideas are a little on the edge of the brief.
Can it be any vegetable matter? (you used the word 'healthy', so I guess not)
...both my ideas are a little on the edge of the brief.
Posted 15/04/2009 - 16:46
Link
I assumed that fruit does not qualify and that vegetable plants without any vegetables on them (as yet) would not qualify
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 15/04/2009 - 17:18
Link
This a quote from Wikipedia :-
"Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity."
More confusion
"Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity."
More confusion
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 15/04/2009 - 17:27
Link
Aiki wrote:
Language problem here?
What he means is it would probably be no good taking a photograph of a pea plant where the peas aren't yet formed just the flowers (I tried to think of a better example but struggled!).Hyram wrote:
vegetable plants without any vegetables on them (as yet) would not qualify
I didnt understand at all vegetable plants without any vegetables on them (as yet) would not qualify
Language problem here?
Actually it opens another problem. What about photographing a beetroot plant where you can't see the root in the ground?
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 15/04/2009 - 17:29
Link
Hyram wrote:
This a quote from Wikipedia :-
"Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity."
More confusion
Botanically fruits, of course. Who cares ! This a quote from Wikipedia :-
"Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity."
More confusion
This way cauliflower is a group of blossoms
Posted 15/04/2009 - 17:33
Link
oh my god, do not make any scientific problems out of a contest theme
I quite believe, Prieni does not mind, until the pic is good!
I understand that the object should be eatable !
I quite believe, Prieni does not mind, until the pic is good!
I understand that the object should be eatable !
Posted 15/04/2009 - 17:38
Link
I agree with Aiki and I'm not going to worry too much. I think I'll avoid apples but will include peppers for example.
Cauliflower eatable? You'll be suggesting brocolli next.
Mike
Cauliflower eatable? You'll be suggesting brocolli next.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 16/04/2009 - 09:49
Link
I dislike Cauliflower but I like the look and taste the Romanesc variety, see my entry and also another in the gallery.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1469 posts
22 years
Rostock,
Germany
Prieni
Prieni's PPG page