Weekly Competition #85 - Italy
Posted 17/02/2009 - 22:08
Link
johnriley wrote:
That's an interesting idea - something to challenge anyone who's never been to Italy! Not impossible though by a long way.
Fortunately I have been to Italy....
Italian fashion, cars etc. etc.That's an interesting idea - something to challenge anyone who's never been to Italy! Not impossible though by a long way.
Fortunately I have been to Italy....
Plenty of options without booking a flight
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 17/02/2009 - 23:36
Link
Lots a pictures of a pasta, pizza and a salami comin a right up.
lenscape
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)
Posted 19/02/2009 - 18:58
Link
Hefty1, I'm not ususally a fan of colour popping but that is really nice - subtle!!!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 19/02/2009 - 19:02
Link
Cheers for that!
I'm not usually a big fan either and it wasn't intended originally, but as I got it into Photoshop and started playing it just looked right somehow so I thought it'd make a change from my usual bright coloured pictures.
I'm not usually a big fan either and it wasn't intended originally, but as I got it into Photoshop and started playing it just looked right somehow so I thought it'd make a change from my usual bright coloured pictures.
Joining the Q
Posted 19/02/2009 - 19:36
Link
I do like colour popping when it is done right. It is here! Really looks great when you look at the full size version, I imagine it does look brilliant when printed...
This picture is proof that you can take a Ferrari out of Italy but ... oh well you know the rest.
Prieni
This picture is proof that you can take a Ferrari out of Italy but ... oh well you know the rest.
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 19/02/2009 - 20:13
Link
hefty1 wrote:
Cheers for that!
I'm not usually a big fan either and it wasn't intended originally, but as I got it into Photoshop and started playing it just looked right somehow so I thought it'd make a change from my usual bright coloured pictures.
Do tell me that the car is yours
Cheers for that!
I'm not usually a big fan either and it wasn't intended originally, but as I got it into Photoshop and started playing it just looked right somehow so I thought it'd make a change from my usual bright coloured pictures.
Belinda B.
Posted 19/02/2009 - 21:06
Link
Belinda B. wrote:
Do tell me that the car is yours
LOL! I wish! Do tell me that the car is yours
I'm a couple of lottery wins short of that sort of motor...
Joining the Q
Posted 20/02/2009 - 15:06
Link
It certainly beats the Simca in my picture
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 22/02/2009 - 14:09
Link
I tried a black & white version of my scanned competition entry which possibly works better than the colour version.
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/Hyram_Hare/Ferrari328-2.jpg[/IMG]
I think that it has more of a vintage feel to it.
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/Hyram_Hare/Ferrari328-2.jpg[/IMG]
I think that it has more of a vintage feel to it.
Belinda B.
Posted 22/02/2009 - 17:30
Link
Some really good images stacking up for this competition.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 22/02/2009 - 18:07
Link
Yep.....,Nathan will have a tough one, with this round. Not as much as last week, but again some high quality.
Martin.
Martin.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
Fortunately I have been to Italy....