Weekly Competition # 92 "Long Exposure"
Posted 06/04/2009 - 20:36
Link
Good question.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 06/04/2009 - 20:45
Link
Hyram, I think it depends on the subject. The way I understand his "rules of engagement", I think he wants to see movement as a vital part of the scene/composition. In a seascape a shutter speed of several minutes would result in that wooly, silky effect of the water. To blur the people hurrying home at Picadilly Circus during rush hour would only take a few seconds.
And to blur that speeding car probably only a half of a second or less.
HIH,
Martin.
Oh...for the record, by no means I felt compiled to answer because of the Honourable Judge part. But because this weeks winner is so new,
it is understandable he needs time to find this thread. And it could take a while before you got the answer. Hope that convinces you.
And to blur that speeding car probably only a half of a second or less.
HIH,
Martin.
Oh...for the record, by no means I felt compiled to answer because of the Honourable Judge part. But because this weeks winner is so new,
it is understandable he needs time to find this thread. And it could take a while before you got the answer. Hope that convinces you.
Posted 06/04/2009 - 20:53
Link
Martin,
Thank you for the response and I agree with your conclusions.
Of course you only handed over the honourable robes of office less than 24 hours ago
Thank you for the response and I agree with your conclusions.
Of course you only handed over the honourable robes of office less than 24 hours ago
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 06/04/2009 - 23:39
Link
Guys,
I have an image that I feel fits the theme very well and was just about to enter it when I realised that I will be away on holiday from Thursday this week until Sunday 20th April.
In the massively unlikely event that I had some success with my entry, without internet access I would not see the results until a week later.
Is it acceptable to post the entry knowing that I'll be unavailable when the judging takes place ?
I have an image that I feel fits the theme very well and was just about to enter it when I realised that I will be away on holiday from Thursday this week until Sunday 20th April.
In the massively unlikely event that I had some success with my entry, without internet access I would not see the results until a week later.
Is it acceptable to post the entry knowing that I'll be unavailable when the judging takes place ?
Posted 06/04/2009 - 23:57
Link
It's a difficulty if you win!
The thing to do is let me know so that alternative arrangements can be made, or just don't enter that round.
The thing to do is let me know so that alternative arrangements can be made, or just don't enter that round.
Best regards, John
Posted 07/04/2009 - 08:39
Link
Haydn,
I would say enter and if you are lucky enough to win, then No. 2 can take over
I would say enter and if you are lucky enough to win, then No. 2 can take over
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 07/04/2009 - 23:36
Link
It seems that I probably will be able to access the web during my camping holiday - just checked out the campsite website and - I quote
"The site shop is well stocked and is open daily during the season. Stocking a variety of local produce including, bread, milk, bacon, eggs, sausage etc. as well as provisions, games, toys, gifts, barbecue equipment and camping and caravan accessories. Newspapers can be ordered daily
Internet connection on half hourly rate available during shop opening hours"
So I think I may post my entry and take my laptop and hope that I can follow the competition via the campsites internet connection.
Does anyone object to me entering on that basis :::
"The site shop is well stocked and is open daily during the season. Stocking a variety of local produce including, bread, milk, bacon, eggs, sausage etc. as well as provisions, games, toys, gifts, barbecue equipment and camping and caravan accessories. Newspapers can be ordered daily
Internet connection on half hourly rate available during shop opening hours"
So I think I may post my entry and take my laptop and hope that I can follow the competition via the campsites internet connection.
Does anyone object to me entering on that basis :::
Posted 08/04/2009 - 08:26
Link
haydnw wrote:
Does anyone object to me entering on that basis :::
Definitely not - please go ahead and enter
Does anyone object to me entering on that basis :::
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 08/04/2009 - 08:52
Link
Recently I was away from home at my son's and found out on the Monday morning on his computer that I had won a weekly competition. His computer then crashed beyond recovery leaving me in a state of near panic. I don't have a laptop. I remembered that local libraries usually have internet connections. His village library allowed me to go online for long enough to set the following week's subject, although I wasn't a member of the library service for that area.
david
david
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2812 posts
19 years
Deepest Hampshire,
England
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T