Weekend in Barrow
Posted 01/02/2010 - 18:45
Link
A very nice set, love the third shot, very symetrical. Last two are very good.
Posted 01/02/2010 - 18:48
Link
Thanks snappychappy, I have just noticed that shot 3 is slightly slanted to the left... I think I will tweak it to make it more symmetrical.
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Posted 01/02/2010 - 19:38
Link
is that barrow in Leicestershire
James
James
Posted 01/02/2010 - 19:43
Link
Barrow-in-Furness (Cumbria).
I have adjusted the train station as it was also skew-whiff
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Ulverston-train-station-web-1.jpg[/IMG]
I have adjusted the train station as it was also skew-whiff
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Ulverston-train-station-web-1.jpg[/IMG]
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Posted 01/02/2010 - 19:47
Link
Is the first one Ulverston?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 01/02/2010 - 19:53
Link
Impressive knowledge... yes it is, but I thought the title would be too long, if I said Barrow-in-Furness and Ulverston. You've caught me out
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Posted 01/02/2010 - 19:56
Link
Andrew how much did you pay for your fish eye
James
James
Posted 01/02/2010 - 19:58
Link
I like the goose shots, in particular. And the opening b/w townscape. Is the band stand shot a little over exposed? The sky looks rather washed out. (Bane of my existence: do you expose for foreground or sky? Can't have both with digital, in my experience.)
Well done!
Well done!
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 01/02/2010 - 20:00
Link
Lennardinio wrote:
Impressive knowledge... yes it is, but I thought the title would be too long, if I said Barrow-in-Furness and Ulverston. You've caught me out
Only because I was their recently, visiting Photoexpresslakeland worth a look if your back that way.
Impressive knowledge... yes it is, but I thought the title would be too long, if I said Barrow-in-Furness and Ulverston. You've caught me out
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 01/02/2010 - 20:01
Link
pink wrote:
Andrew how much did you pay for your fish eye
James
£125 here is the seller, but the price has gone up slightly.
Andrew how much did you pay for your fish eye
James
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Posted 01/02/2010 - 20:08
Link
bwichmawr wrote:
I like the goose shots, in particular. And the opening b/w townscape. Is the band stand shot a little over exposed? The sky looks rather washed out. (Bane of my existence: do you expose for foreground or sky? Can't have both with digital, in my experience.)
Well done!
Yes it probably is I had a nightmare where I forgot to change the iso from the night before whoops!!!
I like the goose shots, in particular. And the opening b/w townscape. Is the band stand shot a little over exposed? The sky looks rather washed out. (Bane of my existence: do you expose for foreground or sky? Can't have both with digital, in my experience.)
Well done!
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Posted 01/02/2010 - 20:17
Link
If you're owning up...I did a whole shoot with my K100 D set on asa 800 the other day. It's so remarkably clean and lacking in noise that I only noticed a slight softness when I started post-processing and cropping... Quite liked the results, actually.
Jealous of your fish-eye...
Andrew
Jealous of your fish-eye...
Andrew
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 01/02/2010 - 20:27
Link
bwichmawr wrote:
If you're owning up...I did a whole shoot with my K100 D set on asa 800 the other day. It's so remarkably clean and lacking in noise that I only noticed a slight softness when I started post-processing and cropping... Quite liked the results, actually.
Jealous of your fish-eye...
Andrew
Ha ha... maybe we could make this the unofficial 'confession' thread.
If you're owning up...I did a whole shoot with my K100 D set on asa 800 the other day. It's so remarkably clean and lacking in noise that I only noticed a slight softness when I started post-processing and cropping... Quite liked the results, actually.
Jealous of your fish-eye...
Andrew
Pentax K-30, Pentax K-m, Pentax 18-55mm DAL, Pentax 50-200mm DAL, Pentax SMC DA 35mm f/2.8, Tamron AF 70-300mm Di LD, Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2, Sigma 18-125mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax FA 50mm 1.7
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


152 posts
17 years
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Ulverston-web.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Ulverston-train-station-web.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Prism-web.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Park-web.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Laura-web.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Goose-web.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/lennardinio/Barrow/Goose-2-web.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks in advance
Andrew