Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Wedding photo tips!

Posted 01/01/2010 - 16:49 Link
I'm a wedding photographer tomorrow. Can all you learned types give me some tips?

I have a new k7!! A K10, a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and a Sigma 10-20 EX, plus the Pentax 540 flash with stofen diffuser. I will laso be using a Kaiser video light.

Bluewhistle
Proud to be a Pentaxian since 1996:
Cosina C1, Pentax Me Super, Pentax MZ5n, Pentax k10, Pentax K7, Pentax K5ii, Pentax K-S2, Pentax 540 flash,
Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 17-50mm... MF Tamron 90mm, Pentax 50mm F1.7, Sigma 50mm Macro,
Bowens lights, Yongnuo flash.
chris_jl
Posted 01/01/2010 - 17:26 Link
No real photo tips, just from the last one I did:

1. speak to the minister/priest/officiant and say that you will be taking photos during and where you will be standing - so they don't get annoyed and stop everything halfway through due to lack of info. I tend not to ask 'please can I shoot during' as it gives an opening for them saying 'no', stating that you intend to shoot during really only gets denied if it really grinds their gears; and it starts negotiations in your advantage.
2. get a written running order of locations and wants (we want bride & groom shots in the rose garden after the service but before the meal, we will release a load of doves at X point) off the couple so you aren't caught off guard by something happening you didn't anticipate or being in the wrong place at wrong time.
3. be assertive with the crowd - if group shots are needed/wanted then people tend to mill like bovines and need herding. One friend told me to take a tripod but never use it - it just shows who's to be listened to for photos.

HTH

Chris
Edited by chris_jl: 01/01/2010 - 17:26
Don
Posted 01/01/2010 - 17:42 Link
do a search of these forums... that is a topic that has been asked and answered many times, and you will no doubt find that a number of pros have been very generous with thier time in the past and may not feel inclined to re-type everything over and over, everytime the questions get re-asked.

trust me...your efforts will be rewarded!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 01/01/2010 - 20:12 Link
Cheers Chris!!

Don, this will be the first time I've used the search.
Proud to be a Pentaxian since 1996:
Cosina C1, Pentax Me Super, Pentax MZ5n, Pentax k10, Pentax K7, Pentax K5ii, Pentax K-S2, Pentax 540 flash,
Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 17-50mm... MF Tamron 90mm, Pentax 50mm F1.7, Sigma 50mm Macro,
Bowens lights, Yongnuo flash.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.