WANTED: Pentax K-3ii body

bigshape

Link Posted 15/02/2021 - 16:08
Hi. I'm looking to upgrade my ageing k-5 body
I don't have the lenses to go full frame yet so I'm thinking that the k-3 ii is probably the best option.

If anyone has one they are thinking of selling then please get in touch.

Thanks.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 00:09
Don't let the lack of fancy, expensive lenses put you off FF (expensive enough on its own!). I can't afford them either but I have a great collection of A series, FA series and manual M42s - some of which will give the four figure Self Destruct Motorised things a good run for their money - and they are dirt cheap.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

bigshape

Link Posted 18/02/2021 - 16:17
sorted now - went for a k-3 from MPB in the end.

Cheers.

davidrobinson

Link Posted 28/02/2021 - 22:58
bigshape wrote:
sorted now - went for a k-3 from MPB in the end.

Cheers.

How are you getting on with it, are you ahving fun? I bought a K3 ii the other day and I'm delighted except I dont think the AF is as good at tracking birds as my k5 iis was. Regards David

bigshape

Link Posted 01/03/2021 - 08:42
davidrobinson wrote:

How are you getting on with it, are you ahving fun? I bought a K3 ii the other day and I'm delighted except I dont think the AF is as good at tracking birds as my k5 iis was. Regards David

really enjoying it. it's a decent step up from my aging k5 (which i think had a different focusing system to the k5ii)
focusing was my main gripe with my previous body and my primary reason for upgrading, and i'm getting much better hit rates with the k3.
also, it just feels like a more premium bit of kit, buttons feel a lot crisper and more positive, screen info is nicely set out, and despite the minor changes in controls it still feels familiar.

this was my last effort of sticking with pentax before selling up and moving to a different brand, but i think it has me convinced to stay a while longer.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.