ME Super for parts - free to good home

Hypermodern

Link Posted 27/02/2021 - 11:17
Bought an ME Super from EBay, film advance/shutter cocking mechanism works intermittently but is clearly broken in some way. The cap over the film advance lever is missing, not sure if someone else has tried to fix it.

Otherwise it seems like a reasonable camera. If anyone wants it for parts I can send it for the price of postage. Pictures available on request.

davidstorm

Link Posted 28/02/2021 - 16:40
Hypermodern wrote:
Bought an ME Super from EBay, film advance/shutter cocking mechanism works intermittently but is clearly broken in some way. The cap over the film advance lever is missing, not sure if someone else has tried to fix it.

Otherwise it seems like a reasonable camera. If anyone wants it for parts I can send it for the price of postage. Pictures available on request.

Lots of ME Supers suffer from this issue, it's caused by worn / degraded bushings and it's probably not worth repairing. I would stick it back on ebay 'for parts or not working', you will sell definitely sell it.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Benz3ne

Link Posted 28/02/2021 - 20:33
It could also be the advance film lever mechanism - they can gum up with old oil, a bit of new oil and working can free them back up.
The spring is sluggish so doesn’t cock the lever ready for the shot with the advance wind. Can show as firing intermittently.
https://youtu.be/NJUeXlA2qjM
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.