Walk along the canal.

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 18:40
Di had the day off too so we went for a nice walk along the canal... I decided to only tak pictures when there was a reflection and only took the kit lens.

Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

Gamka

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:05
Those could be almost any canal in England - outside of a town.

I have recently been working with Meta-Data for various media formats and am interested to see how the tool copes with various images.

I tried to read the EXIF data from the first image and it was blank - so I changed to PhotoMe and again blank. The second image has a restricted set of data. Was it deliberate to remove it from the first? In the first it does not even include your name as copyright owner/photographer although it is there in the second. Or was it removed on upload?

gartmore

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:17
I think the forum software removes the data
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:25
Both very nice Dave, the kit lens has done a good job here. I would reduce the yellow saturation a little bit, particularly on the first one, so that the greens are a little more natural.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

johnriley

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:28
A bit vivid for me, but nice images nonetheless.
Best regards, John

Gamka

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:41
gartmore wrote:
I think the forum software removes the data

If that is true, then why one and not the other? And certainly not consistently ...

johnriley

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:52
It depends on the file size. If that gets too big, then the EXIF is stripped out.
Best regards, John

Gamka

Link Posted 07/05/2013 - 19:59
johnriley wrote:
It depends on the file size. If that gets too big, then the EXIF is stripped out.

The first (without EXIF) is 252kB and the second 792kB - EXIF does not take up that much.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.