Snowdonia Meet (Image Heavy)
Posted 22/04/2013 - 23:22
Link
A good set, Stuart. If I had to pick one, top for me would be No.5 for its composition, colours, geology, history, and human influence, all well combined in the one image.
Philip
Philip
Posted 23/04/2013 - 19:29
Link
Like these, Stu, especially the ones of Dolbadarn Castle. Glad you had a good day. I would not have been able to keep up with you going so high.
Looking forward to seeing the images from the others members of the "meet".
Cheers,
Howard
Looking forward to seeing the images from the others members of the "meet".
Cheers,
Howard
Cymru Am Byth
Posted 23/04/2013 - 19:43
Link
Thanks guys
I have to mention Howard that we cheated and drove through Deiniolen and parked about half a mile from Anglesey Barracks and then walked down hill to it so the only height was walking back to the cars
No boots and not much walking effort required
I have to mention Howard that we cheated and drove through Deiniolen and parked about half a mile from Anglesey Barracks and then walked down hill to it so the only height was walking back to the cars
No boots and not much walking effort required
Posted 28/04/2013 - 17:34
Link
Nice shots Stu.
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Posted 29/04/2013 - 03:31
Link
Was that "Devils bridge" in amongst those shots?Some good shots.
Would you ship over some of that slate for mecould do wonders in the garden.
Would you ship over some of that slate for mecould do wonders in the garden.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 29/04/2013 - 03:40
Link
Love the last one in the first set. Is that little mini arch something someone's added mroe recently. Bet they used a former to build it too
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 29/04/2013 - 10:38
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Is that little mini arch something someone's added mroe recently. Bet they used a former to build it too
It is an old Packhorse bridge at Ogwen that is now under Telford's A5 bridge.Is that little mini arch something someone's added mroe recently. Bet they used a former to build it too
dave k
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson
Posted 06/05/2013 - 12:20
Link
Hi Stu, only just getting around to viewing the Snowdonia meet shots.
Some really nice images here. Really like the bridge arches (last one in first set) and I love a good waterfall shot and you have a couple.
I mentioned in another thread I think Dinorwig is a great place to visit but difficult to photograph, at least I find it that way but you've done a better job than me...I think that 3rd close-up shot is the way to go, nice detail and a good balance of manmade vs natural, it has a good strong focal point too which isn't easy to achieve at Dinorwig as there's so much around
Nice series, glad the weather was on your side too!!
Simon
Some really nice images here. Really like the bridge arches (last one in first set) and I love a good waterfall shot and you have a couple.
I mentioned in another thread I think Dinorwig is a great place to visit but difficult to photograph, at least I find it that way but you've done a better job than me...I think that 3rd close-up shot is the way to go, nice detail and a good balance of manmade vs natural, it has a good strong focal point too which isn't easy to achieve at Dinorwig as there's so much around
Nice series, glad the weather was on your side too!!
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 06/05/2013 - 20:53
Link
Thanks Simon
I have to thank Dave Kitson for the bridge photo's as without him I would not have been aware it was there
As for the close ups I tried a nummber of angles many were not successful
The weather was very kind to us although I will admit to having been carrying a woolly hat and gloves just in case
Regards
Stuart
I have to thank Dave Kitson for the bridge photo's as without him I would not have been aware it was there
As for the close ups I tried a nummber of angles many were not successful
The weather was very kind to us although I will admit to having been carrying a woolly hat and gloves just in case
Regards
Stuart
Posted 06/05/2013 - 21:06
Link
Stuey wrote:
The weather was very kind to us although I will admit to having been carrying a woolly hat and gloves just in case
I always have mine in the rucksac even in the middle of summer...had to turn back in August a few years ago as the summit temperature was below freezing...lesson learntThe weather was very kind to us although I will admit to having been carrying a woolly hat and gloves just in case
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.







4772 posts
16 years
Wales
Sorry for the great many shots - and I haven't finished yet
First up a confession, Mike (Judderman) spotted this shot (first one), I joked about not stealing his creativity and then totally ripped it off - at least I admit it
The rest are my own ideas if not that creative
All with the K5 and my Vivitar 28mm mf lens - more may follow in a few days
Cheers
Stu
Maybe some more from the rest of the group will appear, I expect good things from these guys
My Flickr site link