Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Walk about from today

malross73
Posted 01/07/2014 - 20:06 Link
I had a walk round Newcastle today trying my hand at street photography these two are not really street but i liked them both. Taken with the K10D and Pentax M 28mm F2.8 @f8

Comment Image

Comment Image

I have just bought myself an MX from ebay to give film a try with street photography and its a minter!
Comment Image
Malcolm
Website link
McGregNi
Posted 01/07/2014 - 21:17 Link
Lovely MX! - looks brand new, what a beautiful camera. I'm sure you'll feel and look the business out there on the street.

I like the other shots, nicely composed and exposed. I'm not convinced by the mono here at all though - I'm sure the lighting in the mall makes interesting colour tones.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
johnriley
Posted 01/07/2014 - 21:19 Link
It depends what you like I suppose, but I rather did like the bold monochrome. Very striking and dramatic.

The camera is also very striking. I always had a soft spot for the MX.
Best regards, John
davidstorm
Posted 01/07/2014 - 21:31 Link
I like the mono shots, they are very strong, very contrasty and I think the geometric element to them suits the black and white approach. Having colour in these would detract from their impact IMHO.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
malross73
Posted 01/07/2014 - 21:45 Link
Thanks for the comments gents i agree with David and John i felt both shots worked out better in b&w, certainly the first one was far too busy in colour looking forward to giving the MX a run out next week
Malcolm
Website link
Blythman
Posted 01/07/2014 - 23:31 Link
Like these Mal particularly the first one. Love the ceiling.

Embarrassed to ask, but I try to avoid shopping in the town. Where are they.

MX is great. Should get mine serviced instead of having them lying in the cupboard
Alan

PPG
Flickr
geordie01
Posted 02/07/2014 - 08:08 Link
Nice shot's Mal
Looks like the entrance to Eldon Sq and the East exit to the Grainger Market?
I have a couple of MX's and have just replaced the seals on them must get round to giving them a run out.
davidtrout
Posted 02/07/2014 - 08:43 Link
I also like the mono treatment. Very graphic images. I agree with Geordie about the location, Eldon Square and Grainger Market. This is my happy urban hunting ground.
I loved my MX back in film days and wish I'd kept it although I have no plans ever to sue film again.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Edited by davidtrout: 02/07/2014 - 08:44
LennyBloke
Posted 02/07/2014 - 08:48 Link
I love these shots Mal - it's prompted me to start a topic on the subject of seeing in Black and White https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/seeing-in-black-and-white--50129

Did you make the B&W decision in the "darkroom" or in your mind when you saw the scenes?
LennyBloke
tyronet2000
Posted 02/07/2014 - 09:22 Link
Really like these strong mono images.
Regards
Stan

PPG
Blythman
Posted 02/07/2014 - 09:34 Link
geordie01 wrote:
Nice shot's Mal
I have a couple of MX's and have just replaced the seals on them must get round to giving them a run out.

Thanks Geordie (and David). Yep can see its the Grainger Market now and didn't notice Fenwick's on the left of the Eldon Square shot ... Doh !!
Alan

PPG
Flickr
malross73
Posted 02/07/2014 - 19:07 Link
geordie01 wrote:
Nice shot's Mal

Thanks again for the positive comments gents! Goerdie may i ask where you got your light seals replaced on your MX as mine are looking a bit poor.
Malcolm
Website link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.