Wales Waterfall Country

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 08/06/2019 - 20:27
Hi all... made another visit to what is generally referred to as Wales' "Waterfall Country" in January of this year... my first trip back there for a while... the waterfalls are in the bottom corner of the Brecon Beacons, near Pontneddfechan in the Vale of Neath... the signature fall is Sgwd Gwladus, but the number and variety of waterfalls in the area really is quite something... came back with these... all Pentax K1II, DFA 24-70, PLM 55-300...

All thoughts, observations, comments etc gratefully received as ever...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 08/06/2019 - 21:30
Oh my, black holes, nebulae, (dark) dreams and nightmares, forces of nature... These are strong images, Bill, very strong indeed. A dark set, yes, but light leaps/leaks out from them all. Perhaps a few favorites (on first look): 1 for sheer power, 12 for sheer mystery, 3 for its human-ness (is there a face hidden behind those aging fingers?)...
What a powerful set!

pschlute

Link Posted 09/06/2019 - 11:05
That second one is both terrifying and captivating at the same time.
Peter

My Flickr page

derek897

Link Posted 09/06/2019 - 17:31
Cracking set, 2 does kind of grab you alright. Can see all sorts in that one, 4 looks like it would equally work rotated to the left.
But it's the last 3 for me., with 12 being my favourite, followed very closely by 11 and then 10.
Love the way these take on a life of their own when taken out of any form of context, it's not easy to spot what will work and all of these work. Great pp too.

Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 09/06/2019 - 22:22
Deep, strong, dark amd mysterious - a comment on Wales and the Welsh???

They are the sort of pictures that produce a response which is at least partly emotional rather than intellectual. Impossible to choose favourites - whatever I feel about each one now could very well change tomorrow and change again the day after.

Steve

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 11/06/2019 - 22:57
Thanks Serge, Peter, Derek, Steve for thoughts re these... much appreciated... really love going there... one of those places where you don't have a clue what you're going to come back with... entirely down to what comes up on the day... great fun...

Thanks and best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/06/2019 - 02:06
Give you some moving water and you perform magic !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 12/06/2019 - 15:55
Thanks David...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Dodge69

Link Posted 15/06/2019 - 00:06
3&4 - bella bella
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/06/2019 - 09:25
Cheers Sean...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.