Stinging Nettle Impressionism?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/06/2019 - 17:21
Stinging nettles - how on earth do you take an interesting picture of one? Been trying for a while, nothing promising at all. They all looked like - well, stinging nettles .

Then an experimenal shot yesterday with bright sun low in the sky produced something quite different. Straight from the camera (Q-S1 + 02), no PP trickery. Lots of points of light and colour made me think of impressionist pictures. Worth developing the idea further? Any thoughts, comments?

Steve

Sry

Link Posted 10/06/2019 - 20:22
I'm sure there are plenty of options! Observation, experimentation, luck, patience, and creative PP will yield strange, quirky, beautiful and otherwise interesting results. The impressionist path is certainly a worthy one to follow. I've just started experimenting extension tubes in the bamboo patch not far away...

Lubbyman

Link Posted 13/06/2019 - 18:01
Thanks Sry. The challenge is to do it without creative PP, what appears in the viewfinder is important for me (others opinions are available!). Just need some sun now...

Good luck with with the tubes and bamboo patch. Don't forget to post a picture or two.

Steve

Sry

Link Posted 13/06/2019 - 21:41
Ah, yes, by creative pp I just mean post-processing to your taste (simple contrast/levels or OTT psychedelics - whatever rocks your boat).

Lubbyman wrote:
Don't forget to post a picture or two.

Oh, I will . And I hope to see more like yours above.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.