Wacom Intuos4 Users?
Posted 23/08/2010 - 10:40
Link
I use A5 sized Bamboo tablet that is similar to Intuos4 and I love it. It improves my productivity in the PP. I can do more easier the cropping, the retouche, the cloning, etc processes. The pen doesn't need any battery not like the products of the other manufacturers.
Posted 23/08/2010 - 10:58
Link
Thank you Gábor, I already have the model before the Bamboo and was thinking of stepping up to the Intuos4 but have no idea if it would be worth it.
Posted 24/08/2010 - 16:02
Link
I had one briefly earlier this year. I found it quite good, but for my usage a little expensive/over specified.
More seriously, there was a big bug in the then current Windows driver, that meant it had to be reinstalled after every restart - not exactly productivity enhancing!
I sent it back on that basis but they have probably fixed this by now.
More seriously, there was a big bug in the then current Windows driver, that meant it had to be reinstalled after every restart - not exactly productivity enhancing!
I sent it back on that basis but they have probably fixed this by now.
Posted 26/08/2010 - 08:23
Link
I use an older Intuos 2. I use it every day and couldn't live without it. In fact, I am now physically incapable of doing even the simplest things in Photoshop with a mouse!
I would go even further and say that many of the higher functions in Photoshop cannot be properly exploited without a tablet of some kind. Once you get the hang of using a pen without looking at it, it is the most intuitive experience imaginable.
I would go even further and say that many of the higher functions in Photoshop cannot be properly exploited without a tablet of some kind. Once you get the hang of using a pen without looking at it, it is the most intuitive experience imaginable.
Posted 26/08/2010 - 15:41
Link
Thank you Shaky.
My Father has a Bamboo and somehow it doesn't want to work like it should either, I think the Wacom software has problem with some other software.
I've one silly bug with mine that when I open the Kaspersky virusscanner window that I must do that with the mouse because the Tablet won't respond in that window.
It's also better for your wrists as well and it's faster when you get used to it.
Do you use the function like tilting with the pen often?
The only thing I truly like is how easy you can rotate the canvas with the Intuos 4 and was thinking of getting the wireless version for the laptop instead of a mouse.
But I need to save for that though.
My Father has a Bamboo and somehow it doesn't want to work like it should either, I think the Wacom software has problem with some other software.
I've one silly bug with mine that when I open the Kaspersky virusscanner window that I must do that with the mouse because the Tablet won't respond in that window.
arto wrote:
I use an older Intuos 2. I use it every day and couldn't live without it. In fact, I am now physically incapable of doing even the simplest things in Photoshop with a mouse!
I would go even further and say that many of the higher functions in Photoshop cannot be properly exploited without a tablet of some kind. Once you get the hang of using a pen without looking at it, it is the most intuitive experience imaginable.
Indeed, the mouse is gathering dust over here.I use an older Intuos 2. I use it every day and couldn't live without it. In fact, I am now physically incapable of doing even the simplest things in Photoshop with a mouse!
I would go even further and say that many of the higher functions in Photoshop cannot be properly exploited without a tablet of some kind. Once you get the hang of using a pen without looking at it, it is the most intuitive experience imaginable.
It's also better for your wrists as well and it's faster when you get used to it.
Do you use the function like tilting with the pen often?
The only thing I truly like is how easy you can rotate the canvas with the Intuos 4 and was thinking of getting the wireless version for the laptop instead of a mouse.
But I need to save for that though.
Posted 26/08/2010 - 16:13
Link
I have a couple wacom tablets. they do not play well with usb hubs.
plug em right into the mac, and no problems.
plug em right into the mac, and no problems.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 03/09/2010 - 09:22
Link
Anvh wrote:
Do you use the function like tilting with the pen often?
I use it all the time. You can set a large nominal brush size in Photoshop and get a range of actual sizes just by holding the pen at different angles, or pressing harder or softer. Do you use the function like tilting with the pen often?
Photoshop and a mouse? Never again.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
Thank you
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ