VOIGTLANDER SL 125mm MACRO
Posted 10/05/2009 - 15:52
Link
Mike-P wrote:
I thought about it a couple of times but the very large chance that it would attract another 25%+ when going through UK customs put me off.
Ouch that would have been painfull I thought about it a couple of times but the very large chance that it would attract another 25%+ when going through UK customs put me off.
Same seller also had this Promaster AF 1.7x TC, and it had me wondering if it worked and was optically as good as the Pentax version. Someone got a good buy if it does.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 10/05/2009 - 15:58
Link
Clarky wrote:
Ouch that would have been painfull
Yes, have the same problem with a trade at the moment.Ouch that would have been painfull
I have my Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 and 2x EX converter up for trade on Pentaxforums and am looking for a DA* 50-135mm in exchange but I'm not sure I can get the Pentax into the UK without customs duty even though I am not actually exchanging money.
Posted 10/05/2009 - 16:12
Link
I have sent a few lenses into the UK and the way I found to avoid Vat and duties was (at buyers request) is to send it uninsured and marked as a gift. Sold my DA ltd 21mm to a forum member this way.
Of course its a risk you take, but its your call.
Of course its a risk you take, but its your call.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 10/05/2009 - 23:58
Link
Clarky wrote:
Good luck to the buyer I hope he enjoys it. I actually took it out of my watch list, so I wouldn't be tempted
Rob, So you finally sold the A*200/4 macro, I have to say it was also tempting everytime I saw it listed. I hope you got what you wanted for it.
I guess I will just have to live out my days with my poor old Sigma 180mm macro
I'm sure the sigma is a great lens, the A*200/4 is just legendary, but probably mostly because so few people actually own one Good luck to the buyer I hope he enjoys it. I actually took it out of my watch list, so I wouldn't be tempted
Rob, So you finally sold the A*200/4 macro, I have to say it was also tempting everytime I saw it listed. I hope you got what you wanted for it.
I guess I will just have to live out my days with my poor old Sigma 180mm macro
Yes I did get exactly what I wanted for it, still haven't spent the money either, waiting for that elusive Pentax high end body....or a Nikon D700 at the right price I guess.
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/publications/
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/publications/
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


13627 posts
18 years
Hythe,
Hampshire UK