Vintage Bus Day
Posted 13/08/2017 - 17:49
Link
What a great collection of brilliant old buses! Very rare to see them all out in the streets like that .... nowadays they are mostly shut away in cramped Transport Museums (and they are notoriously hard to photograph stuck in there!).
Here we get to step back and take in the whole vehicle .... I like the space you've allowed, and the viewing angles are complementary. This being a photography forum it is surely mandatory that someone says you should have / did you take any close-up details ....? I might as well get it out of the way now
I love that green Bristol going to Winchester, a beautiful design.
Here we get to step back and take in the whole vehicle .... I like the space you've allowed, and the viewing angles are complementary. This being a photography forum it is surely mandatory that someone says you should have / did you take any close-up details ....? I might as well get it out of the way now
I love that green Bristol going to Winchester, a beautiful design.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 13/08/2017 - 19:23
Link
It's nice to see them being used. I haven't got around to trying it yet, but I know at Llangollen as well as the steam railway, during the Classic Transport Weekend there is a range of old buses running parallel services between Corwen and Llangollen, a mixture of open top double deckers and older luxury coaches.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Posted 14/08/2017 - 07:47
Link
Great set of vintage buses. It brings back childhood memories for me.
David
David
Posted 14/08/2017 - 11:54
Link
Thank you all for your supportive comments. We rode in the AEC Regal, in convoy with the Exeter Daimler, and it brought back childhood memories for me too, David, as, when I was young, my parents used to take me for outings in a similar coach belonging to a local company. Sadly, Nigel, I didn't get round to close up detail shots (too busy chasing down record shots as the buses moved out of their parking slots to go for a run) but, as I understand that this event may be repeated in the future, I'll try to get some then.
Regards,
Mike
Every day's a holiday!
Mike
Every day's a holiday!
Posted 14/08/2017 - 22:25
Link
Don't old buses / cars / motorbikes etc all seem to have much more character about them
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


261 posts
11 years
Every day's a holiday!
1. 1949 Bedford
2. 1953 Bristol in Royal Blue livery
3. 1949 Daimler
4. Bristol of unknown vintage
5. 1948 AEC Regal
All taken with K-5ii and either DA35mm AL or DA12-24mm ED AL(IF)
Mike
Every day's a holiday!