Viewfinder Magnifier

Clarky
Posted 13/08/2007 - 08:29 Link
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230161113268&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013
Has anyone seen or used one of these before. My eyes are not as good as they once were and wonder if this would help. Thanks
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
stevo
Posted 13/08/2007 - 09:25 Link
These are designed for critical focusing rather than general use. They magnify the central portion of the frame only. I tried one, but found I really couldn't use it with my glasses as there was little, if any, eye relief.
Gwyn
Posted 13/08/2007 - 10:29 Link
Pentax do a finder loupe that magnifies the whole image - the OME53. No idea what it costs or how available it is. An alternative may be an angle viewfinder that offers 2x magnification. You see them on e-bay and the like sometimes. I think the make is Seagull.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 13/08/2007 - 12:11 Link
O-ME53 is about £30 - http://www.parkcameras.com/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/6511/GroupID/6/CategoryI...

Someone here bought one before, but can't remember who...

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
McBrian
Posted 13/08/2007 - 12:46 Link
Quote:
O-ME53 is about £30 - http://www.parkcameras.com/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/6511/GroupID/6/CategoryI...

Someone here bought one before, but can't remember who...

Dan
I have one, it's OK but I can't wholly recommend it as it is a round lense, you have to move your eye around to see into the corners, in fact I took the lens out and enlarged the aperture with some needle files, now it's great for keeping my nose off the LCD screen
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Clarky
Posted 13/08/2007 - 13:32 Link
Brian
So what you are saying is you removed the lens and made the aperture square instead of round. But you left the lens out Is that right.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
McBrian
Posted 13/08/2007 - 15:02 Link
Quote:
Brian
So what you are saying is you removed the lens and made the aperture square instead of round. But you left the lens out Is that right.
That is correct, it now acts as an extended eyecup, I didn't find the 1.2x magnification any big help especially with the vigneting in the corners, would have been great if they had designed it rectangular to cover the whole viewfinder like the old M series diopter accessories.

I've tried all the different pentax viewfinder accessories including the horibly expensive Refconverter A, basically I find them a pain in the neck to use.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo