Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Useless topic

simonarthurs
Posted 03/11/2009 - 22:20 Link
Have you ever taken a bag of sugar off the shelf at Tesco's opened the bottom and carefully put it back..............

a big bag of sugar............

and waited..........

pentaxian450
Posted 03/11/2009 - 23:29 Link
When I was young(er), we'd go in restaurants, and before leaving, we'd take the lid off the sugar dispenser, but a cardboard on the dispenser so we could flip it over on the table, slide the cardboard off from underneath, and just put the lid back sitting on it. Then, we'd wait to see the face of the next person ordering coffee...
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
darlene
Posted 04/11/2009 - 01:55 Link
Been out shopping for new furniture for the sitting room...Want to take the 2 year old set to the den where we just got the porpane gas fireplace serviced today...Enjoying the heat...want the comfort with it...We just bought this house this summer so it the frist time using the fireplace.
Don
Posted 04/11/2009 - 02:10 Link
pentaxian450 wrote:
When I was young(er), we'd go in restaurants, and before leaving, we'd take the lid off the sugar dispenser, but a cardboard on the dispenser so we could flip it over on the table, slide the cardboard off from underneath, and just put the lid back sitting on it. Then, we'd wait to see the face of the next person ordering coffee...

We used to (thank goodness for both growing up and statutes of limitations) mix sugar with saltpetre (potassium nitrate) and dump it by the handful into those big sand filled ashtrays the malls often had in thier common areas... you must've lived in a nicer neighborhood than me...lol
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Father Ted
Posted 04/11/2009 - 09:04 Link
pentaxian450 wrote:

Still do that with beer.
Beer mat over the top, turn it upside down on the bar, then slide mat out quickly.
Then stand back to watch which fool tries to put the glass upright. Someone always tries
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
bforbes
Posted 04/11/2009 - 09:31 Link
Sacrilege - wasting beer
Father Ted
Posted 04/11/2009 - 09:52 Link
bforbes wrote:
Sacrilege - wasting beer

Only if it's your own beer
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Unlocker
Posted 04/11/2009 - 11:29 Link
Father Ted wrote:
bforbes wrote:
Sacrilege - wasting beer

Only if it's your own beer

NO! Beer always tastes better when someone else buys it for you!
pentaxian450
Posted 04/11/2009 - 12:37 Link
Don wrote:
you must've lived in a nicer neighborhood than me...lol

When I was in high school, they were building an annex to the school. We used to "borrow" potassium in the chemical labs, and trow it in water puddles near the construction sites. It would then blow up, and the construction workers would walk off the job and have inspectors check for gas leaks that could cause the explosions.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.