Under the arches
Posted 28/03/2010 - 20:54
Link
An unusual and effective approach, making the "frame" such a huge element. Good shadow detail retained.
Andrew
Andrew
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 28/03/2010 - 22:02
Link
I love this image perfectly balanced and framed the woman model? just makes it.
Hope you dont mind but had a go at it myself.

Roy
Hope you dont mind but had a go at it myself.

Roy
regards
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Posted 28/03/2010 - 22:10
Link
Don't mind at all! I like what you've done with it. What is it that you've done?
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 28/03/2010 - 23:01
Link
increased contrast,dodge and burn and some more sharpening.
regards
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1569 posts
17 years
Victory Mansions
This one was taken underneath one of the arches of the bridge at Ironbridge in Shropshire. It's a completely opportunistic shot (literally just got it in time), which probably explains why it isn't great technically (a bit soft, etc.).
I tried to salvage it at best I could with a crop to focus the attention on the subject matter a little more, a filtered B&W conversion and a little sharpening.
I'm fairly happy with the result, it has quite a nice grainy feel to it, though it's far from perfect. As always, I hope the composition goes someway to offsetting the technical deficiencies!
All criticism welcome!
Apparently.