Ullswater Sunrise & Lake District

davidstorm
Posted 23/09/2012 - 21:20 Link
I hope you will all forgive me for uploading more Lake District images (sorry George), but I've had such an enjoyable weekend I just wanted to share a few. All with the K-5 and a mixture of the Pentax-M 28mm F3.5 with Hitech ND Grads and the DA 16-45 with a Polariser.

1 - Fire over Ullswater, DA 16-45
Comment Image


2 - Yacht in Dawn Mist - DA 16-45
Comment Image


3 - Two Yachts - DA 16-45
Comment Image


4 - Ullswater Misty Morning - DA 16-45
Comment Image


5 - Contemplation - Pentax-M 28mm F3.5
Comment Image


6 - Horse in the Landscape - Pentax-M 28mm F3.5
Comment Image


Thanks for looking.

Best wishes
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
puma
Posted 23/09/2012 - 21:29 Link
Great set David
PPG link
snappychappy
Posted 23/09/2012 - 21:31 Link
A beautiful set of very atmospheric images there, super.
Blythman
Posted 23/09/2012 - 21:38 Link
Like the moody, misty shots. #3 would be my pick, although it does look like its sloping down to the right ever so slightly
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Stuey
Posted 23/09/2012 - 22:22 Link
To be honest I have been wondering what shots I have never taken and these are some of those types - our local river mists are good I'm just bad at taking shots of them

Nice shots - well taken - a set I would have been proud of
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
fritzthedog
Posted 23/09/2012 - 23:23 Link
Very nice set David. I particularly like 1 and 3 - that mist is spot on.

We mnay have been lurking around the lake at the same time - although you were there much earlier than i as I only arrived at around 1pm.

I mat post a small set just as a contrast

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
davidstorm
Posted 23/09/2012 - 23:33 Link
fritzthedog wrote:
We mnay have been lurking around the lake at the same time - although you were there much earlier than i as I only arrived at around 1pm.

I mat post a small set just as a contrast

Carl
Hi Carl, we were away to another location by around 9:30am so we wouldn't have seen you. Thanks for the comments on the pics.

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
paulgee20
Posted 24/09/2012 - 10:34 Link
Crackers David
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......

Paul

:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
davidtrout
Posted 24/09/2012 - 10:45 Link
I love those misty shots. The light is beautiful.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
matwhittington
Posted 24/09/2012 - 18:38 Link
I agree - beautifully made images. I especially like the delicate mauve/purple tones in the second pic, and the smoke-like wisp of the last bit of mist in the first - definitely worth the early start I reckon.
Mat W

My Flickr: link
Northgrain
Posted 24/09/2012 - 21:53 Link
Great set - reward for such an early start

#2 is the pick IMHO. An elegant composition, and great colour tones.
Frogfish
Posted 25/09/2012 - 03:20 Link
Lovely set - I really like #2 and #3.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Snootchies
Posted 25/09/2012 - 11:13 Link
Great set indeed! Number 2 is gorgeous.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo