UK Aurora Tonight?

Mike-P

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 11:46
McBrian wrote:
Just about to leave for a nights vigil, 2x coffee flasks, 7x pkt's of Mini Cheders, 1x choc raisins, 1x choc peanuts, kindle, hat, gloves, scarf, laptop, phone bla bla bla .....

Glad to see the healthy eating is still going well after the heart problems
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

McBrian

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 14:54
Mike-P wrote:
McBrian wrote:
Just about to leave for a nights vigil, 2x coffee flasks, 7x pkt's of Mini Cheders, 1x choc raisins, 1x choc peanuts, kindle, hat, gloves, scarf, laptop, phone bla bla bla .....

Glad to see the healthy eating is still going well after the heart problems

Good job it wasn't all for me, I had some helpers along

The healthy eating is going well, the problem I have now is spending money, since the fags are a goner my pockets always seem to have more cash than I've ever had !! the temptation to stuff myself with luxuries is a problem (a good one though
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

McBrian

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 16:29
PaulEvans wrote:
kp remained at 3 or below through yesterday. Pity - would have been great to see UK aurora, and it has happened (in 2012 I think).
We live in hope....
Paul

Fife Ness, 22nd January 2012, taken with a Nikon D300 unfortunately although the lens is pentax related, a Tokina AT-X Pro 16-50 f2.8.

Cheers
Brian.

Mike-P

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 16:37
When I was in Hospital with heart problems a chap in the bed opposite was taken into the operating theatre to have stints inserted into his arteries. The next day I watched him demolish 2 massive burgers from the Mcdonalds downstairs while at the same time promising to lose weight and give up the fags.

I have battled with my weight for a lot of my life but put on more than a couple of stone when I gave up smoking (and after a while you don't notice the extra cash unless you put it in a jar)

Great pic btw .
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

McBrian

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 16:52
Quote:
I have battled with my weight for a lot of my life but put on more than a couple of stone when I gave up smoking (and after a while you don't notice the extra cash unless you put it in a jar)

Not been near a Mac yet, I think Irene is deliberately avoiding going anywhere near one

I've never had a weight problem, been between 12st and 13.5st for the last 30 years, even when I was eating 4 meals a day offshore. Since the heart and skin problem I've lost 1.5st and it just does not want to go back on, I feel as healthy now as I've ever been but I won't get complacent, I've been given the proverbial second chance

I've got a wide neck Paul Mason wine bottle sitting on the dresser specifically for putting the cash in
Cheers
Brian.

tyronet2000

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 18:35
I didn't put any weight on when I gave up smoking, and as Mike said never noticed any difference money wise, all my tobacco product were duty free anyway.

Don't think I'll be standing out in the cold to watch the Aurora. Saw them often enough to stop noticing them while working in the Arctic.
Regards
Stan

PPG
Last Edited by tyronet2000 on 10/01/2014 - 18:39
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.