Thank goodness for screen protectors!

Steep

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 15:57
Took myself down to the loch today to try and catch some wind and waves. I caught a bit more wind than I expected when it blew the tripod into the camera as I was walking along.

One of the first things I do with anything that has a screen like this is put a protector on it and I'm so glad I kept with tradition this time. I've only had the camera a week and I'd have been devastated if it had been on the bare glass.

caj26

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 17:14
On your K3 too! What screen protectors did you get? Thanks.

Steep

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 18:03
The one on the camera is from Germany via Amazon but apart from the fact that it saved my lcd I wouldn't recommend it. There were two in the pack and they were a fraction too long so the first attempt to fit ended up in a wasted protector as it wouldn't lie flat. I cut half a mil off the next one and it fitted ok. I've got others coming from eBay which include a top lcd protector as well.

My old K-r had a glass GGS protector on it but there's none available for the K3 yet.

McBrian

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 18:49
I'll recommend these again, they were great on the K5 bodies but I just wonder if they will be as good on the K3 given that the LCD is gapless/airless.

http://tinyurl.com/pma6muy
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

InFESTation

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 19:06
I have just received acmaxx through for my k3, yet to fit though tomorrow that will be done once I'm sober enough.
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

Steep

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 19:30
Cheers mcBrian that looks like the deal.

Stuey

Link Posted 08/01/2014 - 20:47
Woo hoo for screen protectors
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

InFESTation

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 01:07
Fitted the acmaxx today both fitted well, top screen sits on-top of the LCD as would be expected the rear screan fits inside of the recessed area so adheres to the actual screen (whereas the GGS on my K-r adhered to the body around the screen), anyway it is a good fit size wise, and seems like it will do its job, just a shame on the silver coloured trim (could've done without that bit of bling).
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

claystevens

Link Posted 10/01/2014 - 05:57
Never used screen protector before, may be I need to consider one.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.