Malo1961
Posted 09/06/2008 - 21:39 Link
I just have to say it.
The Netherlands:
Italy:

Martin (last and only time, i promise)
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Gwyn
Posted 09/06/2008 - 22:02 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
I just have to say it.
The Netherlands:
Italy:

Martin (last and only time, i promise)

Until Friday Martin - if they beat France?
We're just back from a BBQ at my son's. Food over we settled down to watch the telly - outdoors. They put it on a table indoors right in the window, window wide open. Three out of the four enjoyed the match - me? I don't like football much so was just there as chauffeur in the end.
Still I'm glad they won.
Oh, and we have another BBQ planned for Friday with another son, even though the weather won't be so good.
Nimitz
Posted 10/06/2008 - 07:06 Link
Excellent game.....enjoyed it a lot!!
golfdiesel
Posted 10/06/2008 - 08:10 Link
All the English people are awfully quiet here

What is the first thing you do after England has won the European championship?

You turn off your playstation
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Clarky
Posted 10/06/2008 - 08:22 Link
golfdiesel wrote:

Hahaha Thems fightin words

We poor aussies can't even beat Iraq in a world cup qualifier
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pwynnej
Posted 10/06/2008 - 09:09 Link
Talk here is of a Germany - Holland final....

You could hear when Holland scored, especially after equine gob features van Nistelrooy scored (he really has been beaten with the ugly stick), there were still people making noises well after midnight

I will be supporting Deutschland just to annoy the dutch
Mongoose
Posted 10/06/2008 - 09:31 Link
go Czech Republic!

We of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland didn't want to be in your silly competition anyway......

TBH I was rather hoping that the fact we're not in it would have limited the TV coverage, but alas it seems we have to watch every game anyway. One more reason not to have a TV
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help
serendipity
Posted 10/06/2008 - 09:45 Link
Now the English are out of the frame, who are the Scots NOT going to cheer on?

Serendipity (Mick)
Comment Image
K10D,K100D Super.
Gwyn
Posted 10/06/2008 - 12:01 Link
Mongoose wrote:
go Czech Republic!

TBH I was rather hoping that the fact we're not in it would have limited the TV coverage, but alas it seems we have to watch every game anyway. One more reason not to have a TV

You should live in Belgium. A footie free zone. Or even the Netherlands. Only one channel here has wall to wall football, plenty of others to choose from to avoid it. Luckily we have two TVs so I can watch the assorted British/American crime series they are offering as an alternative to footie most nights.

It was remarkably quiet here during the match - normally I sit in the garden if it's fine wile bill payer sits inside, and I can tell the score from the roars and groans from all around, but last night, watching it outside only our group were cheering. Maybe my son lives in a more refined neighbourhood than we do

Youngest son has a housewarming do on Friday, hadn't realised the Dutch are playing the French when he planned it, so the telly will be on there too . Next week I escape it - Bill Payer has music so I can watch CSI instead
Pentaxke
Posted 10/06/2008 - 20:40 Link
But was that first goal from Van Nistelrooy offside, or wasn't it...?
Cheers! Marc

Comment Image
ChrisE
Posted 10/06/2008 - 21:17 Link
Well, in England's absence, I had decided to cheer on Italy, having just got back from a holiday there.

Kiss of death as usual then!

Might switch to Holland as I thought they were brilliant.

Chris
K10d, 18-55mm kit lens, Tamron 28-300mm, AF360
D300, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 120-400, SB-600

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChrHEva1/ChrisSPhotos
Malo1961
Posted 10/06/2008 - 21:45 Link
Pentaxke wrote:
But was that first goal from Van Nistelrooy offside, or wasn't it...?

It wasn't,..... because of a Italian defender behind the back line, right side of the goal. The officials even spend a press conference about it, explaining that. And Donadoni didn't mention it during the press conference afterwards, facing a very angry Italien press. So draw your own conclusions.
Best regards,

Martin.

Gwyn
Posted 10/06/2008 - 21:48 Link
The rule was introduced to stop defenders stepping out of play to create an offside. The fact that the defender was lying injured after a clash with his own goalie didn't matter - defenders can't go out of play. I think the ref did very well with that to be honest. he seemed to be a good ref all round from what i saw - but what do I know?
Malo1961
Posted 10/06/2008 - 21:54 Link
Gwyn wrote:
The rule was introduced to stop defenders stepping out of play to create an offside. The fact that the defender was lying injured after a clash with his own goalie didn't matter - defenders can't go out of play. I think the ref did very well with that to be honest. he seemed to be a good ref all round from what i saw - but what do I know?

I have the impression you know more about the game than the former English referee who stated otherwise, and some so called Belgium tv commentators.
But hey, you live in Holland ,don't you
Best regards,

Martin.

Reuben0
Posted 10/06/2008 - 23:09 Link
golfdiesel wrote:

But exactly how many times have Holland won? (Answer - only once)

How many times have Holland won the World Cup? (A - never)

How many times have Holland lost to the Germans in major competitions? (A - even more times than England have)

Not laughing now are we

R

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.