Two lucky shots (Macros again)

pnjmcc
Posted 01/02/2010 - 23:27 Link
Everything always runs away when I point my macro set up at it.

So there I was chasing this poor little jumping spider around the house the other night when it suddenly stopped and turned back as if to look at me ! and I managed to get these two shots

[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/pnjmcc/Spider1-web-res.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/pnjmcc/Spider2---web-res.jpg[/IMG]

K200D and SMC - 50mm Macro on the 12+32 extention tubes with the samsung flash and a homemade milk bottle + tinfoil diffuser. It was a little over exposed so I have tried to bring it back in PS and I think the second came out better than the first

C+Cs welcome

Regards
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Mike-P
Posted 02/02/2010 - 06:57 Link
Second one came out a little better but I love the first shot.
Hope you don't mind but did a little work to make it pop a little more (and cloned out a couple of little bits).

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Sockpuppetuk/Spider1-web-res.jpg[/IMG]
thoughton
Posted 02/02/2010 - 08:40 Link
Great pose in number 1, and Mike's PP really helps.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
bwlchmawr
Posted 02/02/2010 - 14:15 Link
Super shots, Gareth. I find macro hard even when my subjects are dead. Never tried anything active.

Andrew
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
gartmore
Posted 02/02/2010 - 14:36 Link
Great! Thinking of the recent controversy in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards, are these models?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
pnjmcc
Posted 02/02/2010 - 22:44 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Second one came out a little better but I love the first shot.
Hope you don't mind but did a little work to make it pop a little more (and cloned out a couple of little bits).
Thanks Mike, I did try to pull it back using curves but I was nowhere near as successful as you. Can you tell me what you did?

gartmore wrote:
Great! Thinking of the recent controversy in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards, are these models?
Trained Spiders, If I could do that I would be working in Hollywood.

bwichmawr wrote:
Super shots, Gareth. I find macro hard even when my subjects are dead. Never tried anything active.

Andrew
Thats interesting, I have never tried to take pictures of anything dead or actually thought about it. I enjoy the challenge of chasing these little blighters around and trying to get the shot (Well I do when I get the shot, otherwise its a PITA)

Regards
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
womble
Posted 02/02/2010 - 23:10 Link
Excellent shots. Mike's tweak is excellent but there is still a little more junk that could be cloned out, e.g., towards the bottom left.

Trying to photograph small critters is not my speciality. I managed to get a nice butterfly pic, once. My girlfriend was in fits when on one walk when we came across a particularly butterfly-rich length of footpath and I was singularly failing to get anything at all. Give me a nice wild flower anyday!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo