Trying the A*300mm for Macro

fatspider
Posted 03/08/2011 - 18:36 Link
Spent some time today trying the A*300mm for macro shots, as suggested by a forum members I used extension tubes to allow for closer focusing, I think this was with a 21mm tube.
The image is a crop of about 1/3 the original frame, 1/250, f11, ISO1100, handheld, I really am liking the TAv mode, its so flexible.
No PP (even NR) other than crop, resize and sharpen.

I think its a little soft and I should try a tripod

C&C welcome

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP3106.jpg[/IMG]
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
beginner
Posted 03/08/2011 - 19:23 Link
Yes you need a three legged friend!...The 300 really is a remarkable lens!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Algernon
Posted 03/08/2011 - 19:32 Link
Good capture.. 300mm's quite a long macro. Focus looks
to be on the flower to me?
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
davex
Posted 03/08/2011 - 21:35 Link
Lovely detail in the wings, perhaps a slightly sharper focus would have emphasised the hairs behind the head.
But this is just nit picking.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo