trouble with pu

McBrian

Link Posted 14/02/2016 - 21:00
Lot of problems with IE11 and Windows 10, no problems with Firefox and Windows 10.

IE11 has loading and back peddling issues, alway asking the same security question when moving from page to page .....

I have the same problems with PU's sister site "ephotozine.com"

Sems it's s security issue when there is both secure and unsecure data being loaded on the same page, programmer needs a rocket up the backside
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Gwyn

Link Posted 14/02/2016 - 21:32
I am using Firefox 44.0.2, with Adblocker plus under Windows 10, and am not having any problems.

Have you tried using Edge, which is designed for use with W10?

wvbarnes

Link Posted 15/02/2016 - 15:38
Hi all, current Firefox is designed for Windows 10. The Edge browser included with 10 is only part finished (no plugins yet). My browser has jammed with 'script errors' on PU today. I think its one of the many dodgy adverts having a bad script. I guess they aren't monitored.

RussV

Link Posted 16/02/2016 - 09:10
As an IT pro I wouldn't consider Windows 10 until they release a service pack. Early adopters are basically guinea pigs.
www.russv.me.uk

wvbarnes

Link Posted 16/02/2016 - 10:02
Nothing to do with Windows 10 as the error only showing on PU site. I guess it comes and goes with one of dodgy adverts.

RussV wrote:
As an IT pro I wouldn't consider Windows 10 until they release a service pack. Early adopters are basically guinea pigs.

Last Edited by wvbarnes on 16/02/2016 - 10:18

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/02/2016 - 12:10
Early adopters worked on the pre-release version. I loaded W10 as soon as it was available to me. No regrets.
W10 is updated regularly, they don't issue service packs any more for it.
Would you not have purchased, or loaded any earlier version of Windows until there was a service pack?
His Nibs is an IT pro and has always kept Windows up to date.

Any way as Bill says the problem mentioned here is nothing to do with W10, and it seems not to be a universal problem, but one affecting only a few users.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 16/02/2016 - 12:10

wvbarnes

Link Posted 16/02/2016 - 13:44
It's working fine today. eMagezine seem to source a lot of random adverts which seem to cause the problem. Given you see different ads according to your web usage/tracking cookies I guess the experience varies.

jambodog6a

Link Posted 16/02/2016 - 22:41
Buy a Mac

Stan J
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.