Trinity College Dublin
Posted 29/06/2018 - 12:23
Link
Another great set Bill. Love the ambient light in a grand old building like this...you've captured the essence of the building really well
and the images even at those iso settings are superb quality.
Unusual choice of lens for such a shoot but works surprisingly well.
Regards
Karlo
and the images even at those iso settings are superb quality.
Unusual choice of lens for such a shoot but works surprisingly well.
Regards
Karlo
Posted 29/06/2018 - 13:51
Link
From the seeing to the framing and the developing, all top notch.
As Karlo says "Another great set Bill"
As Karlo says "Another great set Bill"
Posted 29/06/2018 - 14:30
Link
These are really beautiful. The lovely subdued colours of the books and joinery work really well together. Now if you had a DFA* 50mm f1.4 lens........!
Posted 30/06/2018 - 00:01
Link
Agree with all above comments. A great set.
Posted 30/06/2018 - 00:37
Link
Nice set. Are you sure you were not at Hogwarts ?
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 30/06/2018 - 15:22
Link
Thanks Karlo, Nigel, Rob, Robert and Peter re thoughts re these...
Karlo, yes, good point re lens... I really only headed to the college to have a look at the Book of Kells... the Long Room at the Library came with the ticket, and was a complete surprise... happened to have my walk around kit on me (K1 plus PLM 55-300), so used what I had, which was good fun... re high ISO’s, have been really impressed with the K1 in that regard... the last one is 16,000, and still pretty clean considering... the rest are 5000-10,000...
Peter, yes, know exactly what you mean... definitely has that feel to it... very “Hogwartian” (if that’s a word - it is now) indeed...
Thanks all
Best
Karlo, yes, good point re lens... I really only headed to the college to have a look at the Book of Kells... the Long Room at the Library came with the ticket, and was a complete surprise... happened to have my walk around kit on me (K1 plus PLM 55-300), so used what I had, which was good fun... re high ISO’s, have been really impressed with the K1 in that regard... the last one is 16,000, and still pretty clean considering... the rest are 5000-10,000...
Peter, yes, know exactly what you mean... definitely has that feel to it... very “Hogwartian” (if that’s a word - it is now) indeed...
Thanks all
Best
Posted 30/06/2018 - 16:38
Link
Fantastic light and tones in these, along with superb composition.
It almost feels deserted but if it's anything like when I was there years ago, I'd say it was anything but.
You can almost feel the age in these.
Great shooting 👏👏👏
It almost feels deserted but if it's anything like when I was there years ago, I'd say it was anything but.
You can almost feel the age in these.
Great shooting 👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 30/06/2018 - 16:39
Link
Brilliant results. You might like the John Rylands Library on Deansgate in Manchester. It offers some similar opportunties.
Best regards, John
Posted 30/06/2018 - 20:49
Link
#4 is superb particularly shot at the ISO's as you've suggested.
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 02/07/2018 - 15:11
Link
Thanks Derek, John and Chris...
Derek, you’re not wrong... absolutely heaving on the day I went... beautiful, and very very busy...
John, thanks for the intel re John Rylands Library... will def have a look the next time I’m up...
Chris, yup, no. 4 is ISO 5000... pretty impressive I reckon...
Thanks again all...
Best
Derek, you’re not wrong... absolutely heaving on the day I went... beautiful, and very very busy...
John, thanks for the intel re John Rylands Library... will def have a look the next time I’m up...
Chris, yup, no. 4 is ISO 5000... pretty impressive I reckon...
Thanks again all...
Best
Posted 02/07/2018 - 22:19
Link
These are great and a fine example of using a telephoto lens in a confined space, something I am particularly fond of. I find that using a long lens in an environment like this forces the eye to find extraordinary angles and compositions, rather than relying on a wide angle to encompass a scene.
3 & 5 are my favourites.
Regards
David
3 & 5 are my favourites.
Regards
David
Posted 02/07/2018 - 23:07
Link
Love the simplicity, the darkness and the depth of these - no over-processing, they appear to me just as you would have seen them and with the accompanying atmosphere they create. Your composition is spot on too Bill
LennyBloke
Posted 02/07/2018 - 23:46
Link
Very well done once again. I really do appreciate your sense of light (and colour); your photography is enlightening, rather than dazzling. 1, 3 and 6 are particularly succesful in that regard. They feel as if you were framing light and not just material objects (albeit special, enlightening objects in their own "write").
Many thanks for offering these to our senses.
Many thanks for offering these to our senses.
Posted 03/07/2018 - 06:25
Link
A quality set of images that obviously open up a whole new visual on a location. Well composed, exposed and photographed.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1357 posts
14 years
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
All thoughts/comments etc. very welcome as ever...
Best
Immersive
BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook