Trees in Black and White.
Posted 03/09/2025 - 05:26
Link
I have fond memories of having one of these (the Sigma lens) years ago, super lens.
Both images have that 'pop' when viewed large - look forward to more from your 'playing'
Both images have that 'pop' when viewed large - look forward to more from your 'playing'
Stephen
645Z, K1, K1ii, K3iii + mono, K3ii, K3,KP, K-S1, K200D,K10D, K-r, Ist* DL, Ist* D, QS-1 plus too many film bodies !
Flickr Page
Photocrowd Page
645Z, K1, K1ii, K3iii + mono, K3ii, K3,KP, K-S1, K200D,K10D, K-r, Ist* DL, Ist* D, QS-1 plus too many film bodies !
Flickr Page
Photocrowd Page
Posted 03/09/2025 - 09:17
Link
So much better viewed large, nice shots from one of the most under-rated lenses available
LennyBloke
Posted 03/09/2025 - 10:35
Link
Thanks guys for your comments, appreciated.
I have just discovered the following info,
https://forum.mflenses.com/test-24mm-f2-8-fd-ar-md-ais-sigma-yash-zeiss-t85566.h...
I'm quite amazed how it performs against the others in the test. I did pixel peep some shots to compare with a 50mm smc 1.7 and a K 55mm 1.8, ( because that's what kit I had to hand.) The Sigma was just much more sharper even after sharpening and CA correction on the pentax ones, it is a later era though I believe.
I have just discovered the following info,
https://forum.mflenses.com/test-24mm-f2-8-fd-ar-md-ais-sigma-yash-zeiss-t85566.h...
I'm quite amazed how it performs against the others in the test. I did pixel peep some shots to compare with a 50mm smc 1.7 and a K 55mm 1.8, ( because that's what kit I had to hand.) The Sigma was just much more sharper even after sharpening and CA correction on the pentax ones, it is a later era though I believe.
Posted 03/09/2025 - 10:47
Link
I should clarify the ,edges, where the problem unsharpness was apparent.
Posted 03/09/2025 - 16:36
Link
It is a later era lens but has always had a solid reputation. The lens design may also work better with digital sensors.
Posted 05/09/2025 - 09:44
Link
Correction to my earlier ramblings, I have another smc-m 50mm f1.7 and it is tack sharp stopped down even in the edges, no sharpening or ca required. Shot same place even with a slower shutter, incredible lens, the other one must need a clean!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1128 posts
6 years