Tough times.

mowog

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 19:13
Thank you, Bret and Hypo.

Now I have learned that new bit of infrmation, I am worried that it will have displaced a much more important thing, from my memory bank. - Any moment now, I will stand up and find that I have forgotten how to walk, or where I live, or something!

Hypo.
Congratulations on reaching the rank of 'Pentax Master' (100 posts)... And done in about two weeks! - Must be a record!!
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

user_removed

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 19:53
mowog wrote:

Hypo.
Congratulations on reaching the rank of 'Pentax Master' (100 posts)... And done in about two weeks! - Must be a record!!

Yeah mowog, I too find it embarrassing how my inane rhetoric so rapidly clogs servers capacity, is it choking your bandwidth there yet?

And seriously, been meaning to ask; can you please explain to me, how I can delete this bleedin' forum account on here ?? For the love of trying I simply cannot find that option anywhere in 'My Settings'.

Oh and Btw MW; don't fret too much about cramming extra trivia into that cranium cavity glued on top of your neck, unlike computer Dram, human memory has the biological capacity to expand if actively fertilized by (constructive) use. [it's the recall function we more commonly tend to lose by degeneration over time]
Conversely... need I say more? surely you have met some perfect examples to cover that!

.R.
Last Edited by user_removed on 31/10/2010 - 20:17

bretti_kivi

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 19:55
sideways is the only way at speed... and that's why I have another group coming up this winter for Ice Track 2.0

quick show 'n' tell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkGevn8d4Ks&feature=related

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 19:59
Fairly deep snow is the only way to get a Disco sideways - even then I had to resort to booting it through uphill hairpin bends in 1st to get it sliding!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

pentaxian450

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 20:14
Gwyn wrote:
but snow is just horrible.

Snow is just hell for my wife's wheelchair, so we already booked some vacations in Cuba.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

mowog

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 20:17
Hypocorism wrote:
mowog wrote:

Hypo.

Yeah mowog, I too find it embarrassing how my inane rhetoric so rapidly clogs servers capacity, is it choking your bandwidth there yet?

And seriously, been meaning to ask; can you please explain to me, how I can delete this bleedin' forum account on here ?? For the love of trying I simply cannot find that option anywhere in 'My Settings'.

.R.

You 'aint goin' nowhere, Chummy! This place is like the Moonies. - We've got you for life... Well, there is one way out, I suppose... Only it involves pissing off the Mods enough to get you 'taken care of'.

Stick around, I've a soft spot for Antipodeans.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

user_removed

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 21:04
mowog wrote:

You 'aint goin' nowhere, Chummy! This place is like the Moonies. - We've got you for life... Well, there is one way out, I suppose... Only it involves pissing off the Mods enough to get you 'taken care of'.

Yep I so appreciate you humour MW (if only more people had it) but please take me serious for a min here.

That I find one-sided, discriminatory and potentially exploitative too.
Just as they hold omnipotent power to pass judgment on us, so too should I have same power to delete my presence, including my access to and all personal info we are obligated to provide for the account.

Note here that I speak for myself and not others, whom most I'd suspect would likely accept and be happy with the status quo. Indeed, many are a part of the furniture.

And by that I don't mean deletion of any contributed posts like this. I mean personal contact details including email record, acct name & or pword etc., that can be abused or exploited if left idle and existing -- eg. this is the first and only forum where I have ever got 'spammed' by PM, leaving less than stellar impressions and confidence to say the least. So security here is obviously very suss.

I simply would want it killed off cleanly and amiably, by me so I know it's done. And don't see why one should need to resort to committing uncouth sins against regulations to achieve that.

I hold no grudges, proffer no judgments, or whatever, so why held to some kind of one-sided dictatorial ransom?
But yes, do have my reasons for wanting, and needing to move on. So much to cover, so little time...

I see it as just like closing off unused, no longer needed bank accounts, or any other subscriptions we undertake in life. It's an obligation, reflecting one's integrity really. And a reasonable right? Hah, surely.

.R.
Last Edited by user_removed on 31/10/2010 - 21:15

johnriley

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 21:20
I'm not sure what this is all about, but if you want your account deleting then you only have to ask. Just drop me a PM if there's a problem and we'll address it.
Best regards, John

user_removed

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 21:47
johnriley wrote:
I'm not sure what this is all about, but if you want your account deleting then you only have to ask. Just drop me a PM if there's a problem and we'll address it.

That you kindly John for the response and offer, which I will take you up on after posting this.

--addendum--
Ooops!

//
Error

* You have not been on the site for 30 days and cannot send Private Messages yet.

Oh dear... how can I resolve this JR?
--end addendum--

Nope sorry, there just ain't no problem like I said. If that's so I do understand in a sense (human nature being what it is), but please at least give me some small cred and consider that you, and everyone else, may rest assured that there is no animosity, no underlying evil motives "about" it at all.

Besides, I'll probably lurk on and off here, so by all means, don't spare the rumours, conspiracies, whatever goss about that 'new bloke' who didn't last because it all makes for good wholesome human behavioural camaraderie.

Always a good read, and like the great O.W said:
"The only thing worse in the world than being talked about is not being talked about." -- Oscar Wilde

"So long (all), and thanks for all the fish." -- D.A Adams.

.R.
Last Edited by user_removed on 31/10/2010 - 21:52

dougf8

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 21:52
Yawn!
Lurking is shirking.!

johnriley

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 21:54
Well it all seems a bit strange, but I'll now deactivate your account and then ask IT to remove it in due course.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 21:56
pentaxian450 wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
but snow is just horrible.

Snow is just hell for my wife's wheelchair, so we already booked some vacations in Cuba.

I can't begin to imagine she copes in a wheelchair. It's bad enough on two feet.

Sensible man heading to Cuba. Good job you're Canadian.
I'm thinking about going there too, before too many Yanks get let in .

fatspider

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 22:13
Oh the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful
and since weve no place to go
let it snow let it snow let it snow.......

I spent 18 months in a wheelchair and I can tell you it aint no joke, even in the summer.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Anvh

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 22:18
Might this be something for when it snows?

Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

pentaxian450

Link Posted 31/10/2010 - 22:37
Gwyn wrote:
I'm thinking about going there too

The weather is very nice most of the time, there, but it feels like you're getting into another dimension. You see a lot of cars from the 50's and 60's, and a lot of the buildings are standing up only because of the owner's will. But the beaches are first class.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.