Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Todays 5 images

cardiffgareth
Posted 16/02/2016 - 14:53 Link
Kids in school this morning at a half day club so me wife and I went for a bacon sarnie and a coffee at Barry Island. Took the Samyang 85mm with me as its gathering some dust and wanted to get antiquated with it again.

Abstract Beach Huts I
Comment Image
Abstract I by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Abstract Beach Huts II
Comment Image
Abstract II by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Breaking the Rule
Comment Image
Breaking the Rule by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Detection
Comment Image
Detection by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Detection cleaned up
Comment Image
Detection Cleaned Up by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
michaelblue
Posted 16/02/2016 - 14:59 Link
I like the 'cleaned up' version.........cheeky, but it works for me
Regards,
Michael
johnriley
Posted 16/02/2016 - 15:02 Link
Sounds great, looks great, what could be better than a photo walk plus bacon!
Best regards, John
kingalew
Posted 16/02/2016 - 15:42 Link
Nice set Gareth, although I'm having a hard time working out what I'm looking at in the first two. Are they composite images? The cleaned up one for me looks better.
Mirroring John's comment above, I too believe that everything is better with bacon.
www.flickr.com/photos/kingalew/
Current - K3, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 70-300mm, Pentax DA 35mm f2.4, Pentax DA 18-55mm WR, Pentax DA 50-200mm WR, Pentax Da 50mm f1.8, Sigma manual 28mm, Pentax Ltd 40mm f2.8, Sigma 70mm f2.8 Macro.
Nigelk
Posted 16/02/2016 - 17:10 Link
It does sound like a good few hours out. I particularly like the beach hut abstracts. I'd also give my vote to the cleaned up version.
vic cross
Posted 16/02/2016 - 20:04 Link
I prefer the uncleaned up version. I think the beach looks unnatural, to smooth, not even a wrinkle in the sand. To clinical for me. I'm not against cleaning up where needed but not in this instance for me.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
cardiffgareth
Posted 16/02/2016 - 20:36 Link
Thanks all

Vic! Before anyone gets their feet or dogs paws on the beach in the mornings that is how the beach looks! Unspoilt and smooth!

Kingalew. They are beach huts. Here is how they look normally. Linking the image as it was shot with a different brand. I shot them today with a tight angle so they compressed into abstract lines and shapes.
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Nakedgun
Posted 17/02/2016 - 01:29 Link
I do like the beach hut shots!
- David

"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
Posted 17/02/2016 - 10:15 Link
Love the beach huts
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
womble
Posted 17/02/2016 - 11:53 Link
I thought it was only me who used antiquated equipment...

Ignore me. Being pedantic again. Back on topic, I love the beach hut abstracts with the second one being, to my eye, marginally better than the first.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
derek897
Posted 17/02/2016 - 21:59 Link
I do like those huts, very colourful and a great angle. I don't think i would have thought of that. Cracker.
I know what i like, If not always why.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.