Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Farewell Boleyn

paulcliff
Posted 15/02/2016 - 13:29 Link
Christmas present from the Mrs was a trip to West Ham Utd for the Farewell Boleyn tour, as was expected the tour was pretty busy (40 in total) so getting any decent pics was challenging. These are the only 2 I would really share, was a good day out though.

Comment Image

Comment Image
Notmyname
Posted 15/02/2016 - 21:49 Link
As a fellow West Ham fan i like these
cardiffgareth
Posted 16/02/2016 - 20:42 Link
Well I'm a gooner .....

I do like the opening image
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
DrOrloff
Posted 16/02/2016 - 23:48 Link
Whatever happened to Upton Park. Thieves got into the trophy room last week and stole the carpet.
Hammerlee
Posted 17/02/2016 - 07:00 Link
Home of the World Cup winners. Great stuff!
paulcliff
Posted 17/02/2016 - 10:22 Link
Notmyname wrote:
As a fellow West Ham fan i like these

cardiffgareth wrote:
Well I'm a gooner .....

I do like the opening image

Hammerlee wrote:
Home of the World Cup winners. Great stuff!

Thanks

DrOrloff wrote:
Whatever happened to Upton Park. Thieves got into the trophy room last week and stole the carpet.

That must be why it wasn't on the tour...
womble
Posted 17/02/2016 - 11:57 Link
Knowing nothing about soccer I had to google "Boleyn" and why it is "farewell". My initial reaction on seeing the name of the thread was it was something to do with Anne of the same name.

That aside, I like the second shot with the out of focus logo in the background.

Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
paulcliff
Posted 17/02/2016 - 12:00 Link
womble wrote:
Knowing nothing about soccer I had to google "Boleyn" and why it is "farewell". My initial reaction on seeing the name of the thread was it was something to do with Anne of the same name.

That aside, I like the second shot with the out of focus logo in the background.

Cheers, Kris.

Thanks Kris.

They actually went over this on the tour, the stadium actually goes by 2 names, 'Upton Park' and 'The Boleyn Ground'. Upton Park because its based on the grounds of a park in Upton, and the Boleyn ground because the stadium is built within the grounds of what was once a Royal Palace, and in particular the one in which Henry the 8th courted Anne Boleyn.

Their actual street address is 'The Boleyn Ground'.
womble
Posted 17/02/2016 - 17:39 Link
Interesting. Thanks for the info. So my automatic thought of "Anne" wasn't that far off after all.

My next-door neighbour is a fan and goes to every match, home and away

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
stub
Posted 17/02/2016 - 18:23 Link
As a Man City fan.. Forgive me but in image 2 of the statue. I only remember Peters Hurst and Moore. Who's the fourth member ?
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Gwyn
Posted 17/02/2016 - 18:38 Link
stub wrote:
As a Man City fan.. Forgive me but in image 2 of the statue. I only remember Peters Hurst and Moore. Who's the fourth member ?

Ray Wilson.
paulcliff
Posted 17/02/2016 - 19:37 Link
womble wrote:
Interesting. Thanks for the info. So my automatic thought of "Anne" wasn't that far off after all.

My next-door neighbour is a fan and goes to every match, home and away

K.

Since moving to Kent and starting a family I don't really get much of a chance to go any more, I am going in March which will likely be my last trip before we move stadium

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.