Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

This landed in my inbox this morning...

Pentaxophile
Posted 31/01/2014 - 14:28 Link
Which is why you should never unfurl your Miggo in public, John.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
ChrisA
Posted 31/01/2014 - 15:24 Link
johnriley wrote:
I did have one mischievous thought though. I'd hate to see what happens when Miggo is unfurled as shown and the camera has worked loose.....

Makes the blood run cold, doesn't it

I think I'd do a fair bit of thorough tugging and stretching over a nice soft surface before I trusted it.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
jules
Posted 31/01/2014 - 17:22 Link
ChrisA wrote:
johnriley wrote:
I did have one mischievous thought though. I'd hate to see what happens when Miggo is unfurled as shown and the camera has worked loose.....

Makes the blood run cold, doesn't it

I think I'd do a fair bit of thorough tugging and stretching over a nice soft surface before I trusted it.

Fnarrr!

It looks like it could be a good product but I don't think it's aimed at us traditional pentaxians, maybe the youngblood Q7/K-01 users?
Looks like it's aimed at the CSC weilding crowd and at the risk of not being PC Mums who'll chuck their camera in their humungous handbag with all the other bits and peices of crap they carry in order to break their shoulders befroe they reach retirement age, never looked in there, wouldn't like to...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Smeggypants
Posted 31/01/2014 - 21:06 Link
richandfleur wrote:
Smeggypants wrote:
Thanks for sharing Jules , but what a stupid product.

Why don't you tell us what you really think?

I just did
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 03/02/2014 - 19:34 Link
Soran wrote:
Looks like a camera strap wearing pyjamas to me. Don't forget that Pentax are the Chuck Norris of the camera world and don't need a cuddly strap

Straps is for them pussy cameras, Pentax is so hard it don't need no strap!
Posted 03/02/2014 - 19:48 Link
Fact is, Pentax is so goddamned hard the weather don't even dare rain when it steps outside!
Horst
Posted 05/02/2014 - 12:52 Link
Chris A wrote:

Quote:

That doesn't solve the problems I listed though.

The ever-ready case is only any good for one small lens, and it has an uncomfortable strap, which is too thin, and gets twisted up too easily.

I really don't get the nay-sayers. It's a neck strap, a shoulder strap, a wrist strap, and a bag.

And as for 'stylish', that's just personal preference. The Miggo has loads of colours, including plain black with a red stripe, which is as Pentaxy as it needs to be.

I have to say, much of the negativity just sounds like plain old conservatism to me

I 100% concur with Chris. The old EverReady case was neverReady
one couldn't even leave the lens hood or often a filter on it. It didn't protect from rain or dust. It only started to get useful if you could get rid of the top part and then put a new wider strap on the bottom part. At least it stopped the camera from dropping on to the ground.
But you still had to unscrew it, when the film needed changing.

None of you have really seen or used this item yet. So why are you so negative? Is it because its new?

Wait and see. I think it is worth while when you just take one camera with you. And the Zip. I am sure it will be covered to stop the camera from being marked and from you guys having the hair pulled away from your manly chests.

Regards, Horst
ronniemac
Posted 05/02/2014 - 22:40 Link
It is good to have something neoprene to clad the camera in when not using a camera bag, that's why we use these all the time. Being flexible, it can take a range of lenses including the 18-135 (just).

I bought them for much less though, as little as £6 each if I remember correctly.

Even when using a shoulder bag (a Pentax K bag) The neoprene pouch makes for good padding so seldom leave home without it.

Hard to find the K shoulder bags these days, which is a pity, on holidays it carries a K-5, three zooms and two primes.

Still using the old 'hippy' strap which started life on my original film pentax mx, a cliche but most practical
macabee
Posted 06/02/2014 - 12:33 Link
I believe that the concept to be a good one for mirror less camera's.

Personally I use a zing neoprene pouch when out walking with a rucksack, as I just tend to leave the 18/135 lens on my K5, not only does it provide a good deal of protection for my kit, but saves me from carrying more gear than I need, or advertising the fact I am carrying camera gear.

We should not discourage innovators, no matter how garish their designs!
spinno
Posted 06/02/2014 - 12:54 Link
macabee wrote:

even a guy called Marc...
David
Smeggypants
Posted 07/02/2014 - 05:43 Link
spinno wrote:
macabee wrote:

Good point.

But this is the difference between prejudice and postjudice.

We must encourage innovators, but then they get it wrong ( Newson ) then judgement is legitimate in order that future innovators learn from past mistakes of others
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
gwing
Posted 07/02/2014 - 07:16 Link
spinno wrote:
macabee wrote:

For eventually, when we use and hold their designs rather than read reviews and images, we may come to appreciate their work.
Smeggypants
Posted 07/02/2014 - 08:39 Link
gwing wrote:
spinno wrote:
Quote:

For eventually, when we use and hold their designs rather than read reviews and images, we may come to appreciate their work.

Really?

For sometime now I've been contemplating getting a K-01 because aesthetics aside a more compact 16MP APS-C Cam with the same sensor as the K-5 is an attractive proposition. And while it's not completely pocketable, couple with a small profile lens it could just be the combination of having something always available with a great IQ.

But every time I look at one I nearly throw up. It really is just so ugly. For me design is Function Over Form and as such it shouldn't really matter what it looks like, but this thing is so hideous it is making a difference.
jules
Posted 07/02/2014 - 08:44 Link
Got to agree with you here Smeggy, I've hovered over the Buy button on Amazon a few times for all the reasons yuo mention above but when I look at it, I just can't!
It's certainly Eye Catching, can't argue with that, maybe it was meant as a form of viral advertising?
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
johnriley
Posted 07/02/2014 - 08:45 Link
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The post war Kodak 35 could be considered an ugly beast, it's certainly an unusual looking creature. And yet....

The K-01 is highly functional, the design is in the eye of the beholder. Does it matter? Yes, we like Pentax because it pleases us on many levels. I quite fancy the K-01 because it can do something useful, but it's not essential to what I do so the price needs to be right. Unfortunately the price seems to be staying high, so it might indicate that quite a few people can happily live with its looks, even embrace them.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.