thinking of buying this lens
Posted 18/06/2010 - 23:33
Link
I would say that you can do better for your money. A little more would bag a new Pentax DA 50-200mm, or a used Pentax 300mm zoom (either the F 100-300mm or the FA J 75-300mm) in decent condition.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 18/06/2010 - 23:36
Link
IIRC that lens doesn't have a very good reputation. Get the Pentax/Samsung 50-200mm instead - there is a used Samsung one (identical to the Pentax lens, just says Samsung on it) for £89 at SRS. Aside from being a better lens, it also comes with a six month warranty which the lens you are looking at doesn't (you can also get free delivery - just mention this forum and your username and ask for it in the 'additional notes' part of the checkout).
Posted 19/06/2010 - 00:25
Link
thanks for the advice.
I think I will give it a wide berth and get a pentax da 50-200mm as advised.
thanks again
Alan
I think I will give it a wide berth and get a pentax da 50-200mm as advised.
thanks again
Alan
Posted 19/06/2010 - 10:45
Link
I've never had the opportunity to use one but there's a review here:
http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/323-sigma-af-55-200mm-f4-56-dc-lab-test-report...
and the Pentax DA 50-200 here:
http://www.photozone.de/pentax/138-pentax-smc-da-50-200mm-f4-56-ed-review--test-...
I sold the DA 50-200 I had and bought a Tamron 70-300 LD Di and found it much better.
Regards,
John
http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/323-sigma-af-55-200mm-f4-56-dc-lab-test-report...
and the Pentax DA 50-200 here:
http://www.photozone.de/pentax/138-pentax-smc-da-50-200mm-f4-56-ed-review--test-...
I sold the DA 50-200 I had and bought a Tamron 70-300 LD Di and found it much better.
Regards,
John
Posted 19/06/2010 - 12:22
Link
What about the DA-L 55-300 for a little bit more
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4 posts
16 years
LIVERPOOL
any advice welcome.
Alan